Airlines and Itinerary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airlines and Itinerary?

I wasn't really sure where to post this but anyway..
    Is it typical for airlines to change the itinerary?Or is it really unusual?What's been your experience with it?
    The reason I ask is my boyfriend had booked to land on feb.22 but he got an e-mail from the airline saying they had changed the itinerary and that he'll have to stay overnight in new york and then catch yet another plane,stop off in some midwestern state,then catch a plane to me so that in the end he'll be reaching me the next day.It's not too bad but it just threw me a little,especially since the first arrangement would have him landing at night and the second he lands in broad morning.Honestly,I was starting to get comfortable with the idea of him just possibly falling asleep straight away.
    Sorry if that was a bit long,venting a little.

no. cause that happened to me when i landed in Heathrow was supposed to be booked for a later flight but somehow i wasent on that fight when i checked in so they rebooked me to an earlier flight

Comment

Depends on the airline but yeah...this does happen. My flight coming back from seeing my SO was changed like 3 different times. If he doesn't like his new itinerary (ie all the layovers) he should call and see if there is anything with 1 less layover or something. Sometimes their computer systems don't come up with the best possible option.
      On my way back, I was supposed to have a 3 hr layover, but the new itinerary changed it to an 8 hr layover. So I called and they found another flight to get it back down to 3 hrs.

Comment

These days that's pretty typical, yeah. Airlines are the most customer unfriendly companies around, but like mllebamako said, have him call and see what he can do. If he's polite and friendly, he may find they're willing to work with him.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It has never happened to me...
          Can you tell me with which airlines did you have those problems ?
          Just to know which one I should put apart
          Fly with Swiss, no worries ahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Cucaratcha View Post
            It has never happened to me...
            Can you tell me with which airlines did you have those problems ?
            Just to know which one I should put apart
            Fly with Swiss, no worries ahahah
            Just Google the complaints and news stories about any of the big US airlines, and you'll see what I mean. American, United, US Airways, Delta, Continental, etc. Things happen, no doubt about it, especially in tougher economic times, but the customer support is atrocious, which makes a bad situation so much worse. Layoffs and paycuts make the employees miserable and it shows in how they treat their customers.

Its not all bad though, don't want to give you that impression, as you can see here...https://travel.usatoday.com/flights/...ather/138762/1
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It can happen. Airlines are always examining routes and eliminating/adding service to various locations, so it can result in a changed itinerary.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

It happens to me a lot too, but all they ever do is change a flight by a few minutes. so weird

Comment

That's never happened to me and I've never heard of it happening. Making him do all that in continental US? And they're telling him this one whole month before the flight? That is bizzare. DO you know how many flights take off every half an hour from New York? To think that one month in advance they can't get him on a domestic flight out of there that same day is just odd. What airline was it? Sounds like it must be a small international one that doesnt have as many flights

Comment

That must be so frustrating.
                    My flight is pretty much this time next week but I'm not overly worried, I'm flying with Emirates and everybody I have know who has flown with them hasn't had any issues at all, the opposite actually. Though fingers crossed for not changes, I'm stressed out to the max now lol.
                    It does seem that the American airlines aren't as customer friendly.
                    Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

My SO had a really bad experience with Delta.
                      When she booked her tickets NY-London, she bought them with the option to change the day of travel if wanted.
                      As she desired to stay longer with me, she tried to find on Delta's website a way to change the date. But it was saying like "Your tickets aren't changeables ones"
                      So then she called Delta and all they said was "We changed our policy"...

She won't fly with them anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X