No announcement yet.

List The GOOD things about an LDR vs. a "conventional relationship"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if the same goes for other LDRs, but personally it forces us to be more creative with each other and there's more of an openness to try new things. When you're apart you can come up with some interesting ways to spend time together or try to close the distance even just a little. We watch movies and play games together that I'm not sure we would've done if we were closer. Through that we've discovered new interests and found more things to share together. ^^

Comment

It keeps me from taking him for granted! And makes the time we have together so much more special. Also, we know each other so much better than we would have CD, I think

Comment

1) Your relationships has a much more well rooted, and established bond that is not based on physicality, location, or convenience, but rather a spiritual and emotional bond between two people.

2) It forces both partners to communicate between one another and establish trust. When you all conquer the distance it only gives you opportunity to face bigger challenges in life.

3) Each individual can focus on their needs, such as their careers, more until the distance is closed.

Comment

It makes you feel like if you can make it through this then you could make it through anything! (As long as you are okay with their living habits)

Comment

Loved reading all these!

I can relate to every single one of them.

The commitment is alot stronger and I think the passion/desire burns brighter in so many ways in an LDR. The romance stay's alot longer (Honeymoon period). I've know/been romantically involved with my SO for nearly 4 years now and we're still very soppy.
            You know your partner alot more than a CD couple, My SO and I know each way more than my Ex and I knew each other.
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Excellent topic my friend!

Originally posted by Biscous View Post
              1) Your relationships has a much more well rooted, and established bond that is not based on physicality, location, or convenience, but rather a spiritual and emotional bond between two people.
              First one that comes to mind is that by January 14th this year, I had been to 7 different cities in 3 different countries in 2012. This wouldn´t have happened if not for my LDR. My friends in CDR should feel jealous of me! Muahaha!

Also that I know he´s not cheating on me. I mean, why would you bother dating someone 2100 miles away if you´re not 3 kinds of serious about it?

Erm... I KNOW he´s the one. I´m not just dating him cause he´s the best available at the moment, you know? I had to actually go out into the world to find him.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
              \

Comment

The positives, when you think about it there are so many!
                - There is a lot of trust
                - You never take them for granted
                - It's rewarding when you can see each other after a long time apart (and lots of money saving!)
                - You get to know each other quicker because you have to talk a lot
                - It can make you a stronger person, i know i've become a lot stronger during the relationship
                - You learn very quickly whether they are your soulamte or not
                - You can still have independence and 'me' time
                - You treasure every moment you can spend in person with each other
                - The cute things are just even more cuter and mean more >.<
                - The physical things are better because you know its only for a short time until they go back (if that makes sense)

Just to list a few!

Comment

Working...
                X