Long Distance Friendship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance Friendship

Ironically, the day after my SO and I were officially over, I made a new guy friend. His name is Danny and he lives in England. I'm not ready to be with anyone yet, he knows that, so we're just really good friends for now. Because of the hard breakup I had, I'm now even considering never having children. No relationship could hold a candle to the one I lost, and I can't imagine having kids with anyone else.
    So does anyone have good online ways to earn money? I need something new to get a fresh start on life and before I'd met Danny, I'd been thinking about a trip to England. I know those online sites where you fill out surveys and stuff, but I don't know any reliable ones. I could pool those together or something. I just need to get away from my house for a while and it doesn't have to be to England, I have friends other places too.
    You guys are awesome and I wouldn't be able to get through this without you HUGS ALL AROUND!!
    Me: I love you more than writing.
    Derrick: I love you more than Pokemon.

https://fanfiction.net/u/464618
    I've learned to live half a life

If you're of adult age (sorry, your age isn't listed), I would look into working holidays. A working holiday visa would allow you to get out of the house and visit another country, plus work while traveling.

But if you want to get out of the house, why not get a job at a mortar and brick place, save up, then trollop around the country. That's what I did. And how I'm going to Australia - working holiday visa.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I don't have a job, nor are there any in my town. I thought about trying to get one of those things where you get to fly free while taking someone's luggage like on Eurotrip (I know, lame) but it's an idea. A work holiday visa sounds great, but would it work if I didn't have a job??
      Edit: Oh and I'm almost 24 btw, I don't know how to put my birthday on here...

Comment

Originally posted by lizzielove View Post
        I thought about trying to get one of those things where you get to fly free while taking someone's luggage like on Eurotrip (I know, lame) but it's an idea.
        Is that even legal? Sounds incredibly sketchy to me.

As for online work...I don't really have any ideas. If you are a good writer, you can blog and make money of off that. But it takes TONS of work to actually make a blog profitable.

Comment

Yeah I thought about the blog thing, I even have one on blogger, but no one reads it. And no idea if that's legal lol

Comment

Originally posted by lizzielove View Post
            I don't have a job, nor are there any in my town. I thought about trying to get one of those things where you get to fly free while taking someone's luggage like on Eurotrip (I know, lame) but it's an idea. A work holiday visa sounds great, but would it work if I didn't have a job??
            Edit: Oh and I'm almost 24 btw, I don't know how to put my birthday on here...
            Well, the point of a working holiday visa is to travel around and get temp jobs. So, you would be getting job as you travel, not one before, if that's what you mean.

Comment

OOOH, that's pretty cool. But does it pay for airfare?

Comment

No, you have to pay for your trip costs yourself.

Comment

Ah darn lol

Comment

Check out my signature if you'd like to make money online, I use it and I make money .

Also I recommend making things and selling them on etsy, or clearing out some of your stuff that you don't want and/or need anymore and selling them on ebay. Also the working holiday visa is a good idea (too bad american's can't use them for canada =/).

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I've looked into a couple sites where you go to other countries or states and you work with a family. They don't pay you, but they give you 3 meals a day, a place to live and 2 days off a week. "Contracts" for this can be anywhere from a couple days to a full month. I did this once (baby sat and cleaned for a family) and it is completely safe and reliable. It's very hard to find anything that will pay airfare.

There's two sites I recommend:

workaway.info
                      helpx.net

Comment

Like Au pair work, lucybelle?

Comment

You could always try to get a job on a cruise ship if it's something you wouldn't mind doing.

Comment

Working...
                          X