Re-bonding advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-bonding advice?

So, it feels like every time my SO and I re-unite, (this also happened with my previous LDR), there's this sort of awkward phase where, its almost like, we've put certain barriers up again and it takes a while to get back to where we were.

Before we went LD we'd lie and talk for hours, but now when we reunite, I feel like neither of us really knows how to re-instigate that feeling of extreme closeness that was so easy before the move. We were only "together" for a month, but we were friends for a few years. I understand that with LDRs, it takes a lot more work, but I'm not really sure where to start. What can I do to maximize the 2 days I have with him coming up?

edit: I just want to add that the relationship is new. It's just frustrating because I feel like most of the time I spend with him, we spend getting used to each other, and then when we finally do, we separate again...we don't seem to grow further. Am I just being impatient/hormonal?

Does anyone have advice on this?

Well, how are you when you're apart? What is your communication like? Do you still talk a lot?
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Last month when he visited, it just felt sort of weird, but I just remembered that my phone was broken for a while during the time we were apart then, right after he left. We didn't really talk much after it got fixed because at that point he was coming to visit in 2 weeks anyways... so, geez, no wonder it felt weird. We talk 3-4x week on the phone now.

Comment

I'd guess that might be your problem right there then
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
        X