How long did you wait before meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did you wait before meeting?

I'm curious for those that met online (or some other means by distance) how long was it before your first real meeting? Or if you haven't met yet (like me) how long has it been?

I've been feeling that itch lately that I'm done waiting and would hop on a flight tomorrow if I could to see him. It's irrational and reckless, but the thought occurs from time to time. I know when we do meet it'll be planned and it'll be awesome. It's just waiting that sucks. It's almost a year and a half and still on going. :/
    less than a year.
    53.33%
    1 year.
    17.78%
    2 years.
    4.44%
    over 3 years.
    6.67%
    I'm still waiting.
    17.78%

5 years
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We waited 6 months after we started dating (9 months after we started talking online)

Comment

It was baout a year. A little over since we first became friends, but after about 9 months of dating is when we met.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

We waited a year and a half. I was 17 and he was 16 when it became official (Oh God, makes me feel like such a pedophile!)
          Anyways.. we were very young and still in high school so it was a bit hard to plan a visit...

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
          I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

3 months. We both realized we HAD to meet...we knew the connection was amazing online..but as someone that had a LDR before and it fizzzled when we met..i was scared....So we met almost 3 months to the day...
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We met 2 months after we became official, and 5 months after we first started typing. So was quite quick! Our time apart between meetings since then has been much larger though

Comment

We met a little after a year we started dating and about three years (I think) after we started talking.

Comment

We met a little over a year since we started talking, and a little over 2 months after we officially declared our relationship.

Comment

We met online and were best friends for 6 years.. we started dating on Feb 1, 2010 and we met in person, when he flew up here on March 15, 2010. =D We live 1329 miles apart. I'm in Maine.. he's in Florida.

We've been together...
                    March 15-20, 2010
                    July 27-Aug 2, 2010
                    November 8-15, 2010
                    December 21-29, 2010

And he'll be here again Feb 16-24, 2011. =D I can't wait!

Comment

Brian and I met for the first time a few days before our 8 month!

Comment

It was actually a year before we could meet, we did schedule meetings before that even as friends but they always fell through because things came up. We finally met August 6th 2010 best day of my life

Comment

Seven months, it would have been much sooner but work got really crazy and we couldn't get time off for a few months. I was on a plane the minute things calmed down!
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We met online and talked about 2-3 months, just as friends. Once he came onto me, it was 6 weeks til we met. I think we wanted to know right away if it was worth pursuing long-term.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

we are supposed to meet in June so we will be together for 7 months when i visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X