Dear John

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear John

I know there has been a lot of discussion over this movie on the old forum, but I only got to see it couple of days ago, and I just couldn't resist but start a thread here as well.

The movie is so wonderful! The airport goodbyes they had reminded me so much of all the airport goodbyes my bf and I had, that I cried, right there in the movie theater. I absolutely need to see this movie again.

I was a bit disappointed with the end of the movie - I expected a bit more romance there, but it could also be that my eyes were so teary I didn't see the end properly

How did you guys like the movie if you saw it?
    If you haven't seen it, run to the movies...

I liked it. It didn't go like I thought it was and I would have preferred a happy/funny movie at the time that I went and saw it but it was definitely worth seeing. Definitely one I would watch again.

Comment

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I didn't like the book very much. The female character (Savannah) really annoyed me. I will probably wait until it's out on dvd because I think it will make me cry quite a bit, I can barely make it through the trailer without getting teary-eyed.

Comment

I saw the movie, and being in a military LDR I felt the pain tht Channing emulated (hated Savannah). It was worth seeing in my book but its pretty hard not to cry during tht movie

Comment

I LOVED THE BOOK! Finished it in just two nights. Actually that was a big ole cry fest because I started it one afternoon and was already a couple of chapters into it....then the SO called to tell me he was deploying. It was a very emotional weekend for me. lol [he is not currently deployed. change of plans]

Watched the movie just a few days after it was in the theaters. I really liked the movie. MUCH preferred the ending to the book! ;-D BUT it just wasn't the book. I really did love the movie, thought it was great. But I just thought the characters had more depth in the book. I can understand their just wasn't time for all of that, but I was hoping they'd spend more time developing John and his fathers' relationship.

What really got me was when she left that first summer and he was standing in the driveway watching her. I want to cry just thinking about it. The SO and I only had 2 weeks together when we met. Then I had to leave HIM the evening before his flight and he stood in the driveway too as I drove off. That scene was prolly the worst for me as far as crying goes.

PLUUUUSSSSS Channing surfs quite a bit in the movie and what girl wouldn't enjoy that!!!! =D

Comment

The movie was very emotional and made me cry, but it didnt hold a flame to the book at all. Sadly hollywood has a hard time making books into movies and keeping things true to the authors story. Bugs me batty!

Comment

Working...
            X