No announcement yet.

Engagement rings? Ahhhh?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two months ago I had much different opinions about engagement rings than I do now. Because now I have one, and it's a huge disapointment to me. Yes, it's stunning. But, it's not me. It's not at all practical, and after going back to the guy who made it twice now, it still doesn't fit. I really really wish Obi had thought to ask my sister for my ring size, instead of trusting his sister to find it out for him, and I wish he'd talked to my best friend to find out what I like.

I almost wish I had of done some hinting, but that fact is I didn't realise he was ready for this, because usually I'm ready to progress much faster than he is. There were signs, but then, I didn't want to get my hopes up and thought that I was just being a girl, you know?

And now his feelings are hurt and he is frusterated too, because I have this very expensive, showy, heavy ring that sits in my cauldron right now, not being worn.

So basically, tell him you're not really ready right now, but for future notice give him your size and an idea of what you like, or have a friend who is subtile talk with him.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I'm excited by all the people who don't want diamonds. I also don't want a diamond. I like colored stones much more. I would love love love a pearl instead. I love pearls.

Comment

When I went to Australia I fell absolutely head over heels in love with opals. They're stunning. And I didn't even think of an opal engagement ring until 8983MilesofLove mentioned it. So now I would love a ring with opals on it, preferably the blue-green ones. I actually mentioned in front of my SO how much I love opals, and he's the type to remember little things like me mentioning once that I love the scent of vanilla. So maybe, just maybe, if we get engaged (which would be YEARS down the road) he would think to look into that. It's hard to find stuff made with opal where I live though, so I may be out of luck.

I'd prefer something simple and small, but I'd probably love whatever he'll give me. Really, a ring pop will do. If it's too big though, I'm not wearing it once there's a wedding ring to replace it.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
        -- Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X