what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should i do?

okay, so me and my SO hardly ever talk on the phone. we skype about once a week and text all the time..but i really enjoy talking to him on the phone. when we do talk we sometimes talk for hours. i've told him i would like to talk more, he then will tell me he will try but nothing ever changes?? any one in a similar situation??

Have you tried setting certain dates or times for one of you to call? Making solid plans might be better in this case than waiting around for him to either remember to call you or just get off his butt.

Comment

I agree with Lady March Hare - setting specific date, time and duration to talk would work out better than wishing and hoping.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

thanks i'll have to try that..
        we had a skype date last week but the original day we were supposed to have he canceled to hang with friends then he postponed to again hang out with friends. we ended up having it 3 hours late but it was still worth it in my opinion..

Comment

I think maybe some ground rules on canceling should be set as well, if he's done that. He has his friends around him all the time, you're not always around. If you guys set a date he needs a better excuse than that to ditch you and if he whines, tough luck, because you're his girlfriend and deserve the same amount of respect if not more. It's not fair to you to be kept waiting whether he tells you he's not coming or not.

Comment

Ooooh girl *snaps*

"tough luck, you're his girlfriend" i liked that. haha.

I would tell you that it is important to have your needs met, and that you should discuss it with him. And like marchhare said, get the respect you deserve. now if only I can convince myself of the same advice!

Comment

thanks i'm gonna TRY to talk to him about it

Comment

okay, so here is what happened today:

so earlier while i was in class, he texted me and said he would call me tonight...
                it's now 10:50 here 11:50 his time, i asked if he was gonna call he said uhh no i'll try to call tomorrow???
                this is the most upsetting thing to me and i really dont think he gets it...hearing his voice means so much to me...
                ughh maybe i'm just being bitchy idk
                help?

Comment

It really looks like he isn't a person that easily sticks to what he's promising, apparently he considers such statements less binding than you do.
                  However, in an LDR it is vital to be able to rely on such "meetings" and promises, otherwise it's sometimes impossible to communicate properly. Try to explain your view of this, and ask how he feels about your communication.

Comment

I'm with ms3. He sounds like someone who either doesn't consider it a big deal to forget or he doesn't care. That's something you definitely need to have a talk about because, again, it's no degree of fair to you to be kept waiting. If something came up, he could have told you. If he honest to God forgot, he could apologize. It's not like such a thing would strike him down dead. It may seem like a petty thing, but if he's flaky on menial things, what's going to happen when you try to make bigger plans like, say, a visit? Will he forget to pick you up at the airport or just not buy his own ticket and say something came up last minute, let's reschedule?

I don't mean to come down hard on the guy, but this needs nipping in the bud because communication is all you have in an LDR sometimes and if it's this unreliable, nerves are gonna fray and the connection's going to stay fuzzy and unreliable, like a cellphone call while in a tunnel or out of a tower's power zone.

Comment

To me it sounds like he just doesn't know that it's a big deal to you. I'd try and talk to him about it and tell him how you feel and that you need him to meet your needs. I think a lot of guys just don't know that this means something to us, and many guys are also not huge on talking on the phone. My SO wasn't either until I had a talk with him about it, and he started to get it more. These days he's actually the one who calls me the most, lol. So yeah, talk to him and give him a little time to adjust, Good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X