Same chemistry in person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same chemistry in person?

Directing this to the couples who met online and afterward in person. How did it feel? How different was it? What are your thoughts on it? Do you think/know your boyfriend/girlfriend felt the same?Was he/she MUCH different than online (calls, webcamming, chatting)?Did you have the same chemistry as long distance?Felt as comfortable with each other? Thank you (: I'll be happy to hear your stories.

My first meeting with my SO was simply amazing.

We were really shy at first, but we had just the same - or even more - chemistry in person.

So yes, we felt really comfortable with each other. Like so much.

Flying those 11.500 miles to meet her was the best decision I've ever made. She agrees.
    Last edited by NaNi; January 31, 2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

How did it feel?
      It was amazing, seeing him in person. He was much more handsome than his pictures portray.

How different was it?
      I don't think it was different at all, except we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

What are your thoughts on it?
      I'm not sure what is being asked here...

Do you think/know your boyfriend/girlfriend felt the same?
      He definitely said I was prettier than my pictures. I also knew I was smaller, because I sent a picture when I was about 40-50 lbs heavier. So that surprised him.

Was he/she MUCH different than online (calls, webcamming, chatting)?
      No, we're both the same silly quirky sarcastic people.

Did you have the same chemistry as long distance?
      Most definitely. We still do.

Felt as comfortable with each other?
      Immediately! I wasn't expecting to make out in the airport when we first met, I thought I would be too nervous and it would be slightly inappropriate. But once I saw him, I had no fear and didn't care who saw.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

It was awesome for us. My SO and I were exactly how we were online, except more awesome. both of us are clingy, touchy people, so it made for an absolutely awesome first visit.

Being together gave us a chance to understand each other's mannerisms, and it brought us closer together. It really sealed the deal for us.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

It was simply amazing. He came and met me at my hotel and the second we saw each other we couldn't help but to hold each other tight. It was a little weird at first, talking to him face to face when I could touch him and know he's right there with me. But after just maybe 30 mins we were ourselves and just clicked. It was pure and utter magic Now when we visit each other, it's an automatic "run and jump in each others arms" moment at the airport like in the movies :P No shyness or awkwardness. Pure chemistry

Comment

Same in person for us too. The transition was a tiny bit difficult. He looked a little different and sounded a bit different from what skype had been giving me, so I kinda felt like I was cheating on my 'internet boyfriend". That passed though.
            We were completely comfortable with each other, everything just fell into place. He was, and remains, exactly how he said he would be.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

How did it feel? It felt so amazing!! I remember seeing him and I was so shocked to actually see him even though I had been waiting for him for awhile and the excitement was building and as I realized it was him and we were walking towards each other I realized how he looked slightly different from online (the best I could describe it was looking "more 3D" lol) and he hugged me and I think we had our first kiss there too but I was so excited my brain's a bit fuzzy on the details. And then he took my hand and he paid for my train ticket back to the the train station near his house!

How different was it? It wasn't much different at all. Just more real, more 3D, we kept feeling like we were dreaming...

What are your thoughts on it? It was amazing! Best trip ever!

Do you think/know your boyfriend/girlfriend felt the same? Yeah

Was he/she MUCH different than online (calls, webcamming, chatting)? No, he was pretty much the same sweet amazing boyfriend ever, but we were able to show each other how much we loved each other in person!

Did you have the same chemistry as long distance? Yep!! It's so exciting! I was a bit nervous about it but I didn't have to be!

Felt as comfortable with each other? Yes!!

Comment

Awww, your replies are so encouraging! (: I'm so happy for every single one of you. I love knowing that you guys had good experiences with it. -must show my boyfriend later I'm sure it'll make him happy too-

Comment

It definitely felt amazing. The awkwardness lasted no more than a few moments, and then it was just perfect =] We have more chemistry in person than online for sure...even though we still do online, the both of us can instantly tell the difference how we are with one another in person.

Comment

I'm glad that you started this thread RandomUsername...both myself and my SO are always wondering what our chemistry is going to be like in person once we meet..this thread has made me more confident and excited!

Comment

@ princessmia: You're welcome! Me and my SO are the same...Helps hearing about other wonderful experiences. Can't wait for the day I'll hold him in my arms

Comment

I had a fear that we wouldn't have chemistry in person but when I met Alex...I can't even describe the feeling ^^; It's not an emotion I've felt before.

Comment

well after a day and half of being all shy and awkward, it felt the same as it normally does online and on the phone! Our second visit i was still a little shy but not as bad as the first visit i got over that rather quickly when we got back to her place...ehem...

Comment

Working...
                          X