Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Care Package for 2 year anniversary ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Package for 2 year anniversary ideas?

My 2 year anniversary will b in 3 weeks, Anybody have ideas on what I can put in here? He's at a military base and just got out of Basic and he hasnt seen me since December (and wont till june). Any ideas? we're just starting our LDR so anything specific that has helped u guys get through all of it? Or jus really cute/romantic gestures?

Definitely something that has your smell on it. Other than that, I don't have many great ideas lol but something personal like pictures of you or a love letter would be nice. And the way to a man's heart goes through the stomach so if you can slip in something he can eat all the better

Comment

Just anything which will remind him of you, but in a happy way, not a 'oh i miss you so much' kinda way. And I second the smell thing (and the food).

Comment

Hand made things are always a plus! Love coupons are a good choice too, they are cards you make self that say things like one kiss, one hour of cuddling, one hug, etc. You can find ideas for that online. And then you can tell him that he can handle them to you when he is back. I hope it works out!!

Comment

My SO has a pillowcase I send him that smells like me, he'll send it back clean and smelling like him, then I send him another pillowcase that smells like me and the cycle continues. One thing he has really liked having is a small photo album, I put a few pictures in it initially and over time have sent him pictures to put in it. He likes the small size because he can take it in the field with him, it's easy to store in a wall locker or other small areas. I have also given him a laminated, wallet size picture of us that he can take in the field. I've known people who have ordered a custom dog tag, with a photo on it because they are allowed one personal item with their tags.

Comment

I've done most of what Erin has done. Except he has my sr. ring, never thought of the personalized dog tag. I'm always sending packages. Birthdays, basically any holiday, and of course anniversaries.

I always send his favorite candies (Reese's, I send him the seasonal ones a lot, hearts, eggs, etc) and usually cookies. Boxed meals. I started a scrapbook. I used a 3 ring binder, colored computer paper and construction paper, and sheet protectors. This makes adding new pages and all the notes I send him real easy. I bought T-Shirt tansfer paper!! This works wonders I've made so much stuff with this. I made him a pillow case like the ones from BoldLoft, but a little more personalized. I drew the boy in ACU's (and with his eyebrows hee hee) and the girl with curly hair. I drew them, scanned them into the computer then, just printed them out. I painted "Far In Distance Near at Heart" where the pillow opens.

Then I made him some boxers. I printed out lips and put them all over his boxers ;-) with a little note, guess what I'm thinking about. He wears actually wears these. lol

Have you ever seen the movie Just Friends. Well I made him a shirt sort of like that. I tried to make him wear it in public but he won't. ahaha. I just thought it was funny, I think he actually wears it as an undershirt though.

I made me a bracelet and him a keyring. Bought stuff at a local craft store. Used twine beads and both of us have a little heart charm that says "Always."

Made a movie using Windows Movie Maker and burned it as a DVD. Mixed CD, BUT i took my very favorite lines from every song, printed them, cut them up and made a love letter with it. Made a 'no sew pillow' but I sewed stuff on. I' can tell you just how I did it if you want.

Oh I have an entry on the Day in the Life section on LFAD's main site. I wrote it for LFAD, but really liked it so I made it into book format for the SO. Made it a few pages, added some pictures, a title page, and I just used a 3 hole puncher to punch holes and bound it with ribbon I had laying around the house. I typed up a 'Love is...' list. Talked about it here. Once include a sketch I tried to do of us. I don't have excessive talent, but enough. It came out better than I thought it would, but noting out of this world. lol Wrote and "I love" list this past anniversary. Just all the little random things I love from "I love how understanding you are; no matter how ridiculous the reason I am upset, you listen with understanding.I love that even though you are 740 miles away I still got flowers for Valentine’s Day." to the more specific "I love when you say stuff like “I think they named that sharpie after you…Ultra Fine!”"

Wrote a long detailed note recounting the first time we met and the first I love you.

Ummmmm I think that's all I got. lol

Comment

I Agree with the others. Something personal is way better than anything we can tell you. Scent is important. Also include items that mean something to you. The more personal you make it the better.

Comment

Working...
              X