No announcement yet.

The Emotional Roller Coaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO is having a really tough time from what I can tell this week. He just seems sadder than usual and I feel like there's nothing I can really do to make it better for him.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I noticed it's all women answering, so I thought I'd add a male point of view - yes.

Some days, I am pretty happy, miss her badly, but upbeat. Other days, I really feel the pain of missing her. When either of us feels that way, we text each other, and if it's real bad, we ask for a quick phone call. It's amazing how much a quick call or hearing each other's voices can perk us up and steel our resolve.

On some days, when we're both home due to her class schedule and my working from home, we have the option of a Skype video chat. That doesn't remove the pain of physical distance, but it provides some comfort.

Edit: BTW, a man that won't admit to feeling his pain is either detached or too scared. It's perfectly fine to be a man, to feel emotional pain, and to tell your significant other.

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
        My SO is having a really tough time from what I can tell this week. He just seems sadder than usual and I feel like there's nothing I can really do to make it better for him.
        Why don't you do something special for him?

Comment

I can totally relate to everyone here. I usually feel down a week before I get my period, lol XD I hate it because I get this feeling that I can't take this anymore and being in a LDR is extremely hard because I miss him so much... but talking to him always helps, he finds a way to make me smile.

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
          I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
            Why don't you do something special for him?
            I'm actually sending him a surprise care package/Valentine's Day gift in the next few days! =] I try to send him a care package or a card every month (when he's not coming home, this is an exception) to send him a little love from home and just because it's fun to get mail! Haha. I never tell him when I'm going to send them, too. He's not expecting this at all...and with him feeling as bummed as he's been, it's been extra tough this time around to NOT tell him I'm sending it lol. I sure hope it'll help him get through the next few weeks. I was going to send it out tomorrow, but I can't get to the post office because of classes, so I'm sending it on Thursday morning. It's priority mail, so it should get there in 1-2 days!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I always tell my SO he turned me into a girl (I am, btw haha). All the emotions are sssoooo overwhelming. But thankfully I'm getting less and less ups and downs. They still happen but are just more spread out. And, like everyone said, totally worth it. I'll buy as many tikets as I need to get on the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                Absolutely. It is exhausting mentally somedays...I could be on the verge of tears.... And other days...SOOO high on life...

But always in love.
                This 100%
                Wouldn't do this for anyone else in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
                  I'm actually sending him a surprise care package/Valentine's Day gift in the next few days! =] I try to send him a care package or a card every month (when he's not coming home, this is an exception) to send him a little love from home and just because it's fun to get mail!
                  Oh I bet this will cheer him right up! This sounds like a wonderful idea as well might have to steal it from you. =)

Comment

Like everyone has commented on I am completely agree with my emotions being so wonky lately. It does help me to know others in LDRs also feel the same way as me.

A question I have is what do you do to feel better when you are down and missing your SO especially if at the time you can't get in touch with your SO?

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more! On my negative days, or in my negative moments, I definitely sit there sometimes and think "Damn...why am I doing this again?" But I try really hard to let those times be moments, not entire days. And if they are entire days I try to pick myself back up quickly because that negativity is definitely a drain on me, him and everyone around me. Not cool! I am amazed by my strength throughout this and it definitely creates a much more exciting relationship than seeing someone every single day of my life.

Comment

Yes I know what you mean! And I totally agree I feel the same way.
                        Sometimes Im just happy and writing silly text messages with my SO and an hour or day after Im so down and think I cant do it anylonger.
                        For example now, I feel like I cant leave my country I cant do that to my parents because they will be hurt. On other days I would go straight to the airport buy my ticket and fly to Australia at the same day!
                        Does anyone feels like this as well? That scares me sometimes... :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Mindflayer View Post
                          I noticed it's all women answering, so I thought I'd add a male point of view - yes.

Some days, I am pretty happy, miss her badly, but upbeat. Other days, I really feel the pain of missing her. When either of us feels that way, we text each other, and if it's real bad, we ask for a quick phone call. It's amazing how much a quick call or hearing each other's voices can perk us up and steel our resolve.

On some days, when we're both home due to her class schedule and my working from home, we have the option of a Skype video chat. That doesn't remove the pain of physical distance, but it provides some comfort.

Edit: BTW, a man that won't admit to feeling his pain is either detached or too scared. It's perfectly fine to be a man, to feel emotional pain, and to tell your significant other.
                          Guys definitely feel the pain too! I guess men just have different ways of handling it than women...

OP: Yes, we all have those days. If we didn't, we weren't in love with our SO's. For me the best medicine is usually to go do something with friends or family to distract me from those sad emotions. If we video chat or call when I'm really down hearing his voice would only make me miss him more and I ended up crying my eyes out resulting him feeling worse too cause he couldn't do anything to make me feel better.

We all have a way of surviving those days, you just gotta find out what's yours. Some people also like to be sad from time to time and cry which is fine as well, just remember that when you feel that way it's not gonna last forever and that there are thousands of other people who go through it every day too.

Comment

Working...
                          X