Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the people in your life understand your LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that it matters much anymore at 40, but my family is very supportive of my relationship. They're just happy that I'm happy My daughter is a little bit of a different story, but I think she's just afraid I'll leave her before she's ready (Which I'd never, ever do!).
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

No they dont want to understand it. Never mind being supportive.
      Some friends do understand it but there are others saying comments like "oh hey, do you still have your boyfriend in Australia? ahaha" or other say stuff like" oh god, I could never do that...isnt it extremly hard? How long havent you seen him again?"

You know, like those comments which are so annoying and they just say it to see how you react or to make you feel sad and stuff like this..but those arent real friends anyway.

Comment

My family and friends are extremely supportive. When I lived in Mali, my parents even flew over to meet him and be part of our engagement party!
        But I think if I would have met my SO over the internet, they would have been worried.

Comment

My parents are very supportive, surprisingly. They are even willing to let him move in this summer even though I have never met him in person yet nor have they... Believe me, I want to meet him in person first before he moves in but we just can't :/ Anyways, like I said they are supportive.

First Met Online: May 08
          Became a Couple: 4.11.09
          First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
          Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
          Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

My friends always say things like "I couldn't cope with that". But what makes them think I'm coping! ¬_¬

My parents are OK with it and like him, but when I've mentioned that I want to go live with him for Uni they shout at me. :S
            My grandparents always say things like "you'll find someone else" which is strange because my Nan got married when she was 17, and I'm 19.

Comment

Working...
            X