missing valentine day on purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing valentine day on purpose

would you be mad if your SO miss your valentine day? would it make a difference if he/she know it is valentine day and purposely miss it because of work, friends, families etc? What if he/she miss it to hang out with a friend? would you be mad?
    Jessica loves Hoa
    Connection Case Manager
    Pre-med Student
    Public Relation, Vietnam Health Clinic

Well, we really don't celebrate in purpose. My boyfriend is a believing protesant, and refuses to have anything to do with catholic holidays on a principle, even if the celebration itself is devoid of religious meaning. I can understand that, but it does make me feel pretty crappy when everyone around me is celebrating, and I stand there like I don't even have a boyfriend... (Memo to self: should tell him that...)

Comment

yes if my SO purposely missed v-day with me i would be very upset...

Comment

Wouldn't be mad at all. Not when we are long distance anyway. When we live together, then yes I expect us to spend Valentine's Day together. But when we are limited to skype or phone, I am happy for us to just have our nightly skype talk and that's all. Plus, it's a Monday so I'm going to work anyway and then having dinner with a friend.

Valentine's Day should be about LOVE, not just romantic love, but universal love.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be not happy. Especially not if we planned like a webcam date on that day.

Comment

It's a Monday =x
            Wouldn't mind too much. I'd just gotten out of class, and he has work. But he wants to make sure we have a video call that day, and I'll go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedSunrise View Post
              It's a Monday =x
              Wouldn't mind too much. I'd just gotten out of class, and he has work. But he wants to make sure we have a video call that day, and I'll go with that.
              Skype is all we can manage. My passports run out, he's studying for exams, and we are 700km apart so...thats the only option...

Comment

yea, we have a webcam chat date on Sunday (2/13 my time) and Monday (2/14 her time). She has work in the morning for a few hours and hope that things goes well and we get to chat for long. I just really want some "us" time, which we are getting less and less now
                Jessica loves Hoa
                Connection Case Manager
                Pre-med Student

Comment

If he didn't even ACKNOWLEDGE it was Valentine's Day, that'd probably bother me. If I didn't get anything from him, I would not be mad at all. We have an ooVoo date set for Valentine's Day! =] We almost never get a chance to cam, so this will be special.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

We won't be spending this Valentine's Day together. It's a Monday, we both have school, he has work, etc and so forth. We've both already gotten our Valentine's Day gifts though and he put his card to me in the mail the other day so I should be getting it soon. Holidays are nice reminders to celebrate the love you have for your family, friends, and your SO, but really it's something that everyone should try to do everyday so I try not to make too big of a deal about it. Though I do love the whole spirit behind the thing.

Comment

I send out valentine cards to her two weeks ago, on the card i draw 531 hearts representing 531 days we have known each other and cut out 30 hearts to represent how many days we have been together. I wrote quotes and saying on those 30 hearts. I hope my SO receive it soon, it does take 2 to 3 weeks for mail to come to Vietnam suck! We have a valentine day chat and i hope to get something from her through email, it would be nice .
                      Jessica loves Hoa
                      Connection Case Manager
                      Pre-med Student

Comment

His female coworkers asked him what he was getting me for valentines day to which he simply replied "I don't believe in valentines day". So thats what i have to look forward to.

Comment

Asked my guy and it doesn't look promising. He said "maybe a phone call". I have to work anyways and have an assignment due the next day so its probably for the best. We'll see each other on Friday anyways.

Comment

My boyfriend is going on a hunting trip with one of his guy friends during Valentine's Day. I would have really liked to visit him around that time, but he had this trip planned before he and I were super serious. He told me that he'd still be my Valentine no matter where he was. Regardless, Valentine's Day is kind of just another day to both of us. I was disappointed at first, simply because if I could have arranged it, I would have tried to spend it with him. I look for any excuse to visit him! But, he send me a V-day package and has been really sweet, so it made up for it. He makes me feel special every day. Yes, I would be upset if he purposely went out of his way to avoid it/ignore it existed if it was important to me, but he didn't, so you gotta take what you can get sometimes when it comes to a LDR.

I hope we all can be living near our SOs someday and can all have a proper Valentine's Day with them!

Comment

Good question--this has actually been on my mind a little lately. I really have always enjoyed Valentine's Day, regardless of if I have been painfully single, happily doing my own thing, or superbly happy in a relationship. I like hand-making valentines (or getting some of the kiddie ones that are Disney Princess or Hello Kitty if I have lots to give out), trying out crafts, and allowing myself sometime to really feel in a romantic and feminine mood. So...I don't know if I have emphasized just how much I like it to my SO (I have somewhat), but I would be disappointed if he purposely didn't celebrate or acknowledge the day with me in some way.

In the past, he's said that he doesn't believe in feeling obliged to get gifts and be romantic on prescribed days, but likes to be spontaneous. I understand that, but I also think it would be neglecting the spirit I am trying to feel and bring to our relationship if he just vetoed Valentine's Day. So...I don't know if we will celebrate it or not. I think that I'm also really ramped up for it because I got a gift for him so far in advance and made him a really super Victorian-like valentine (I mailed it a little late...so I hope it gets there in time!). I also couldn't help dropping hints that I'm excited to work on valentines for people, etc. several times. Ideally, I would treasure a hand-made valentine or at least a well-chosen card...but it would be nice if he even just wishes me a happy Valentine's Day and sends me an e-card.

Ha! I guess I'm rambling! Something that reading the posts on this thread reminded me of is that I have work Monday afternoon and then have a dance class, so that might interfere with Valentine's Day talks or dates. Hmmmn...

Comment

Working...
                              X