Advice Wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Wanted!

I just joined LDR. I have looked at the site before, but my boyfriend and I have come to a point in our long distance relationship where we are kind of stuck at a crossroads. We have been dating for 9 months, and he is my first love, my first serious boyfriend, and my first long distance relationship. I am completely head over heels for him. We were spoiled and got to spend a lot of time together over last summer and then we both had to move back to college where he is attending 4 hours away from me. We see each other as often as we can, but things got rocky when we moved apart. We had our ups and downs, and right now I would say we are stuck at a down. We have run out of things to talk about and to do together. He says our relationship is becoming stale and boring. We are constantly doing the same things over and over, no new excitement. We both want to improve our relationship, but we do not know where to go from here. Taking a "break" is out of the question, considering we do not see each other that often and I don't believe taking a break helps solve anything other than making the other realize what they had when its gone. Anyone have some advice for us out there?

Young and In Love.

Hi and welcome to the site :-) Well you can check out the list of things that is posted on the site. Something that I came up with recently for my SO and I was Alphabet Dates...we are alternating choosing something that starts with that letter it allows you to be creative and gives you some room for flexibility on the usual skype dates. You could also do a photo scavenger hunt which we did and was a lot of fun. We did one where we came up with a list together and had to find the things while we were going about our day. Just a couple of suggestions are you having issues while you are apart or while you are together? Also how long have u been together?

Comment

i'd maybe also have a look at the "1000 questions" book Michelle advertises on here, there are good at encouraging conversation, getting you talking about things you may not have talked about before. My SO and I recently started playing board games on pogo.com against each other, which is fun! Also Michelle has a list of things that you can do together on the main site page- may be worth looking at that and seeing if you can find some inspiration to try new things.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TknandLvnIt View Post
        Hi and welcome to the site :-) Well you can check out the list of things that is posted on the site. Something that I came up with recently for my SO and I was Alphabet Dates...we are alternating choosing something that starts with that letter it allows you to be creative and gives you some room for flexibility on the usual skype dates. You could also do a photo scavenger hunt which we did and was a lot of fun. We did one where we came up with a list together and had to find the things while we were going about our day. Just a couple of suggestions are you having issues while you are apart or while you are together? Also how long have u been together?
        That photo scavenger hunt sounds fun. I think I'll need to do that. Once my boyfriend gets a new phone so he can take and send me pics.

Comment

Working...
        X