Keeping Him Interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Him Interested

So throughout the day with talking to my SO, I always hope that I'm still keeping my SO interested, I know he loves me and always will, but I always worry that he will just get bored with me over time, you know?
    Has anyone else felt like this? I have no reason to feel this way, we have great conversation everyday, the relationship is great, but it's still in the back of my head!
    Is there anything you have done to continue to keep your SO interested?

I feel like this ALL the time, in fact I just posted yesterday about how I was freaked out that he was losing interest when he didn't respond to my texts. I talked to him about it last night and he said "If something were wrong, I'd bring it up. I wouldn't just...let things fizzle out." Sometimes you just have to trust them, you know? Also, trust yourself enough to know that you ARE interesting, and that the things he finds so interesting about you are deep enough to last through rough patches.

From what I've come to understand, sometimes if a relationship is going fine, we wonder if it's too good to be true and start to worry at the little details just because there has to be SOMETHING about to go wrong, right?? Except, sometimes, the relationship is just going well, and there really isn't anything to worry about. If he's with you in an LDR, that says he wants this to work just as much as you do. If you guys do start getting bored with talking on the phone, I'm sure discussing it with him and figuring out new fun things to do together will make things interesting in itself.

Comment

You could try different things, switch things up a little bit. It doesn't have to be a dramatic change, just a little something different. Try new things online together, learn about something together etc.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about it. What I do to keep him interested is send him sexy pictures on his phone randomly. I get all dolled up and give him a strip tease one piece of clothing at a time. I also send him teasing text messages and ims.
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I worried about this all the time too, especially when I don't get to talk to her as often. I started to think and wonder if she misses me as much as I misses her too.
          Jessica loves Hoa
          Connection Case Manager
          Pre-med Student
          Public Relation, Vietnam Health Clinic

Comment

I worry about the same thing. Especially on the occassion when we have gaps in the conversation or I worry that I'm not entertaining him enough (I think I have some kind of hostess-syndrome lol). He worries the same thing from time to time because it's pretty hard to keep my interest over a long period of time. But we try to mix it up and do different things together, whether it be movies or games.

Basically gaps happen, it's just part of life. Even people who live together don't talk all the time. Embrace that comfortable silence, instead of worrying about him getting bored, relish in the fact that he's so comfortable with you he doesn't feel like he has to talk all the time. Those moments are some of my favorites, when we're both just doing our own thing and after a while we'll end up saying something at the same time lol, as if we just knew it was time to say something.

Comment

I don't worry about this. But I do make an effort to keep the relationship interesting for both our sakes.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
                What I do to keep him interested is send him sexy pictures on his phone randomly.
                I do this, too, except I'm a jerk about it so I like to send them at the most inconvenient times for him, like before he goes to class/on watch, etc. Lmao. I plan on sending a sexy picture right before the plane people tell me to turn my phone off on Friday when I go see him. :]

Comment

You don't have to worry about being interesting you already are in a relationship. I worry about the same thing myself and try to find games or questions to ask because things are going so well and I wonder if he will lose interest...in a LDR you are pretty limited in what you can do and I wonder if we will get tired of having to do the same things. I am very creative and silly and my SO is pretty much down for anything so...its only a fleeting concern. You should ask new questions or try new things have silly convos or just talk about things that you fear that is always an interesting topic. Its always nice to hear those reassuring words from your SO.

Comment

I'm glad this is a common thought among other people in LDs. I, for one have never had the highest self esteem and it surprises me how into my SO is. I keep thinking one day its going to be over but everyday he tells me how amazing I am and how much he wants to make this work. Makes me smile .

Sometimes when he's having a bad day when he least expects it I will send pics or a nice message and that does that trick. When we Skype I'll take some articles of clothing off and that seems to cheer him up and definitely keep him interested. I think it just comes with the territory being how inconvenient LDRs can be in the first place that you would have thoughts like that.
                    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

thanks for all the comments guys It's nice knowing i'm not the only one feeling this occasionally!

Comment

Working...
                      X