Advice Needed .?:b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Needed .?:b

So, I Dunno Really How This Thing Works .
    But I've Seen Some Pretty Interesting Posts And Thought I'd Give It A Try (:

Last Night Isaac And I Were Talking About "Closing The Distance" .
    Who Would Make The Move .

In My Situation .

It Would Make More Sense To Move With Him .

- He Has Work With Good Pay,
    - Family Who Would Help And Support Us . (We Are Young And Would Be Living On Our Own For The First Time .)
    - He Has To Finish School ,
    - Has A Car

On The Other Hand.
    I Havent Gotten My Licesnce Yet , Cant Til Im Eighteen .
    I Only Have Work That Pays Minimum Wage.
    I Have My Ged, So I Dont Attend School .
    It Would Be Harder To Start Our Life Here .

So It Makes Sense For Me To Move There.
    But My Dad Would Be Heartbroken ,
    Hes My Bestfriend And It Would Be So Hard To Leave Him.
    I Cant Ask Him To Come With Me , Because He Has His Life And Second Family Here,
    But Im "Daddy's Little Girl"

So. I Wanna Know If Any Of You Have Something/Someone Your Afriad To Leave Behind.
    But You Know Its Logical For You To Be The One To Make The Move.?
    Or If Any Of You Have Overcome This , Advice?

Thanks(:

It is most logical for me to make the move to my SO, which I will be doing. My mom has always been there for me. She was there when my father kidnapped me when I was little. I even remember her holding my hand trying to pull me out of the car as she was drug down the road.

So needless to say there is an incredibly strong bond between my mother and I. She is incredibly sad that I'll be leaving home, but she understands that everyone grows up and moves away at some point. It's going to be hard for me to leave her, but it's something I have to do.

I wish you the best!

Comment

I know how you feel, in a sense. I'm 21 and only have my permit, I don't have a car or a job, I have disabilities and I'm just starting college in the summer. My SO already has a job, is saving for a car (he had to sell it to move last year), has a license, etc etc. So the best thing would be for me to make the move out to him, but I'm very close to my mom and would feel terrible about leaving her, especially since she's 62 and can't even afford rent without my help.

I think leaving those we love behind is the hardest part of making the decision to move. You're disrupting your world to enter someone else's and it's a scary thing because you know if you stay what will happen but if you go, you're entering uncharted territory where everything's new and you can't exactly run next door to your parents or anyone else when you have a bad day. But, it's a part of growing up. We all sacrifice something for the sake of progress and growing up and happiness. Just remember there's always the telephone if and when that time comes and other means of communication.

Comment

Because were not as far away as a lot of the people are from their SO on here, its not so much of an issue for us. But even though its a shorter distance we still when talking about eventual plans had to agree on a half way mark for both of us. From his side there is his beloved football team that he goes to see on saturdays, his family and friends and the fact hes training to be a teacher and so will be stuck at that school for at least a year which is even further north from where he currently lives. On my side i selfishly adore the city i live in, im very close to my parents and family, and the circle of friends i have in my city, but i would move for him as hes worth it.

Comment

Thankyou
          (:

That Was Very Helpful (: ,
          He Is Very Well Worth It , And Everyone Grows Up Sometime .

This Is Something I Have To Do.

Comment

Working...
          X