This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who invests in your relationship more?

People say that a good relationship is a "give and take" and that people should equally invest in the relationship for it to work. But also everyone knows that there is always one person who invests more, who is more forgiving, more flexible etc.

Be honest with yourself. Who invests and works on your relationship more: you or your partner?
    me (and I am a woman)
    28.81%
    me (and I am a man)
    5.08%
    my (SO and I am a man)
    0.00%
    my (SO and I am a woman)
    10.17%
    both of us do it 50/50
    55.93%

That's actually kind of a hard question. If you mean who invests more TIME and energy, then I think it's probably me. Otherwise I wouldn't drive myself crazy thinking and rethinking about how to go about this relationship...and just GO about this relationship. (This is of course not a good thing to be doing)

If you mean who's more forgiving and flexible, then its him. He's wiser, older, more mature...and just not this insane. As that other thread said: NO, I would absolutely hate dating myself!

Comment

Originally posted by FadedSunrise View Post
      That's actually kind of a hard question. If you mean who invests more TIME and energy, then I think it's probably me. Otherwise I wouldn't drive myself crazy thinking and rethinking about how to go about this relationship...and just GO about this relationship. (This is of course not a good thing to be doing)

If you mean who's more forgiving and flexible, then its him. He's wiser, older, more mature...and just not this insane. As that other thread said: NO, I would absolutely hate dating myself!
      I meant all of it: doing things so the feelings would not die (communication, sending things, doing surprises, time, energy - anything that involves DOING something for your SO and DOING smth for the relationship to work)

Comment

It's definitely equal for my SO and I, I'm the one who sends surprises to him, but he also sends me sweet letters too every now and then. We both talk throughout the day, and we both give up doing things sometimes just to talk. He leaves his friends house earlier to talk to me, and I take time out of doing something also. We both equally invest in our relationship, which is really nice in my opinion!

Comment

I think it's pretty balanced between me and my SO. We each have things that we do more or less than the other person, so I think if you look at the big picture we're about equally invested.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
          -- Anonymous

Comment

That really is a hard question!
            I'd say 50/50 based on our relationship so far.... but when we close the distance it will be him coming to me from Canada when i'm in England, he'll be leaving everyone he has ever known and moving 4000+ miles for me. If thats not a huge investment in our relationship i dont know what is and i dont know if i'd ever be able to match that.
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

the both of us do

Comment

We each have our strengths so we are investing in the relationship in different ways but I feel very confident in the equality of our partnership.

Comment

I think everyone feels like they invest more time but the more I thought about it, I think it's very 50/50. I have a much busier life than my SO but when he has busy seasons he makes the same efforts and is patient when I'm busy, which is half the battle. It wouldn't be fair to say I put more in when he tries equally as hard.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you, but neither of us invests more. It's pretty darn close. I suspect being international means we're used to both giving/staying flexible to make things work.

Examples:
                    1) I've sent more packages, but he sends me emails every night when we don't get to talk via Skype (which is most weeknights).
                    2) We email each other while at work.
                    3) Money's split pretty evenly - we trade off trips, and since I'm the one moving, he's paying for my ticket so I don't have to incur all the costs. He's also supporting me while I job hunt/get my freelancing income flowing more.
                    4) He gets me flowers, and takes me out on some really lovely dates. I plan surprises for him - everything from little notes to picking up lunch or finding things for us to do.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I wish I could say it was me who invested more, but I think I'm just needy. /: He gives me all the time I need and is so patient and is the flexible and forgiving one.

Comment

Brianna and I are pretty darn close! In some ways I give more, in others she gives more. It's very balanced I believe(:

Comment

I can't see how my guy and I are much different either... the more I think of it the harder it is to tell if either of us invests more because in the end it's pretty balanced.

Comment

Both of us do

Comment

I think he really tries but he has things he does I don't, I don't go hang out with friends like he does, I don't go to school like he does, all sorts of things like that and because of that I do put more into the relationship, maybe like 60/40 instead of 50/50
                              Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Working...
                              X