LDR's and the Honeymoon Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR's and the Honeymoon Period

I was just thinking when I was driving out to school today about the honeymoon period. I figured it'd be a good discussion for here, so I'd like to hear your opinions on this. Do you think the honeymoon period lasts longer in a LDR than in a CD relationship? How long did your honeymoon period last? Do you even think there is such thing as a honeymoon period?

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

I don't think an LDR makes it last longer or shorter; I really think it depends on the couple and their personalities.

For me, the honeymoon period was shorter because the sobering reality of how to make an international LDR meant I knew I had to get practical fast about how we were going to do things, otherwise it wouldn't work. And if he wasn't willing to work out things with me, and work towards us being together, then to me, it wasn't worth it and showed the type of man he was. Some might call that cold, but I've learned one person cannot carry a relationship, nor can love alone make a relationship last.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I think the honeymoon period was a bit shorter for my current LDR that it was for my previous CDRs. I think I had to be a lot more realistic about the relationship and make sure I wasn't just seeing everything through rose-coloured glasses. An LDR is a huge commitment and in my mind requires a lot more consideration than CDRs. So therefore a lot more thinking and a lot more being realistic. That just my opinion though, I agree with Silviar that it probably depends on the couple.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
      -- Anonymous

Comment

I actually can't tell if my SO and I HAD a honeymoon period. We became a couple and then 14 days later, he was off to school. Him and I have been best friends for 12 years as well, so I think that took away the getting to know you portion of the relationship.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Mine lasted for about 2 years, until he moved here and suddenly it became a lot more serious.

Comment

mine lasted till he left in january.... so a year and 2 months? When thinks were starting to get more real and I finally admitted to myself I didn't want to go through the easy option of a student visa...

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Definitely a honeymoon period. We were in honeymoon period for a looonnnggg time. We weren't in a lot of contact for about a year, just a couple emails a week and maybe a chat. Since my SO has moved in I think we're still in the honeymoon period. But we're also starting to settle in and get used to each other.

So I guess our honeymoon period has been almost 2 years

Comment

I think the honeymoon stage can last as long as you make it last.

Comment

The honeymoon stage on my end lasted only a couple of months, and then it died. The honeymoon stage on his end lasted about 4.5 months, and then it tapered off into a true love. Now at the six month mark, we aren't in a honeymoon stage but we are in a true serious love and it is amazing!

I think honeymoon periods do exist; I would say that a honeymoon period in a CD is longer then in a LDR, because in an LDR there's a lot more things that have to be considered while in a CD you can just spend all the time in dreamland that you want.

Comment

with my ex the honeymoon period lasted for 8 months. We were close distance at the time.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

humm.. i think honeymoon period does exist. I do warn my SO about this last time we see each other.. thats why we promise to meet again at least 6 months after.

But i think our honeymoon period shorter than what i expected. Less than 4 month we already had our first arguments. But i hope a visit soon will fix things and get us back to the honeymoon period again!

Comment

Don't think my SO and I had a Honeymoon period.
                        Since we've seen and known each others flaws and "dislike"-worthy traits right from the beginning. Think we already had our first argument after having known each other for a month.

Think we slowly "grew to love each other"... instead of jumping all in.

Comment

Well, the overall honeymoon period for us lasted about 3 months, but it comes back every time we visit... I don't think the distance has anything to do with it, but it's definitely still there. For me it always seems to last around 3 months with any guy. I think the distance is nice because we get little honeymoon periods every time we visit, but the overall newness of the relationship has disappeared when we're apart. There's only so much you can do on the internet for fun, we need to find some new things to try

Comment

We were CD our first month, and are hitting the end of our third. The honeymoon phase definitely hadn't ended when he left, so I guess we're still in it?
                            This past visit we weren't ripping each others clothes off the second we saw each other. I consider that to be a sign of infatuation starting to wane.

I'd still say we're in a honeymoon phase though, because we haven't gotten into any heavy arguments yet. I feel like the "first fight" is a sign that the rose color is wearing off the glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by sabby64 View Post
                              Well, the overall honeymoon period for us lasted about 3 months, but it comes back every time we visit... I don't think the distance has anything to do with it, but it's definitely still there. For me it always seems to last around 3 months with any guy. I think the distance is nice because we get little honeymoon periods every time we visit, but the overall newness of the relationship has disappeared when we're apart. There's only so much you can do on the internet for fun, we need to find some new things to try
                              I was searching the site to find somehting along these lines... this is EXACTLY how I feel and din;t know how to put words to it... have you thought of any new ideas bc I'm really struggling here. I try to focus on my school work but for the past week I don't understand why I don't seem to "miss him as much".

Comment

Working...
                              X