Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. New to this forum. There's a lot I have to get out there.

My girlfriend lives in Chicago. I am currently in Santa Fe, NM. This is really really hard but we are strong. I firmly believe that this woman is who I am meant to be with. But because of distance and because our only communication is through Skype, it causes stress. We try to visit each other but money is tight.

But a deeper issue revealed itself this week. I am not mentally together....Not all there, really...

I was seeing a therapist for a few months. It was run through a college on a sliding-scale. I have no insurance, so it was perfect. This past Wednesday after a particularly brutal fight with her (We "broke up"), I went to the therapist screaming and crying. I essentially had a meltdown in her office. I cannot go to the same therapist until I get a psychiatric evaluation.

I'm worried that my family doesn't understand. I told them what happened and that I would really like to get evaluated. (They all live in Houston) They told me that if I were to get evaluated, I will have to go back to Texas and live with them. I'm worried that their position on mental issues is "you're either normal and functioning or you can't function at all".

This isn't going to just...go away. I have to do something. But i don't have any money, no insurance....and every moment that I am not doing something about this is putting Her through hell....

J

I don't know a lot about dealing with family issues as my family as always been supportive but I just wanted to assure you that there is something out there that can and will help you! Stay strong. I suffer from PMDD and I take Prozac 2 weeks of every single month otherwise I completely lose control of my emotions and have anxiety attacks... but I don't think there is anything wrong with me! And neither does my family! Sorry I don't really have any advice but just know I'm thinking of you and I believe that things will work out for you. Best of luck!

Comment

Might you be able to get added to a family member's medical insurance for coverage?

Comment

Working...
      X