new interests your SO got you into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new interests your SO got you into

i love when we can share different interests with each other.. it's great opening up my mind to different activities or things

i don't really have an interest in watching people fight, but one night we watched a UFC fight on pay per view, and i loved it, and ever since i'll be the one to turn it on tv.. and we're going to go to a fight once we become CD

he also used to always watch SVU and i'd get annoyed because i'd always hear about it, well i decided to be nice and watch it with him one day, and i have been HOOKED ever since

i played basketball growing up, but stopped once i got to high school. eric is huge on basketball, loves watching it and playing it and whenever i'm visiting him i love watching him play in games

i've also gotten him into a few different movies, and being outside and taking walks (he's a city boy and i'm a country girl) and i'm sure i'm missing a few things

has anyone else's SO gotten them into new activities or interests?
    <3
    sigpic

Originally posted by amandamayaaa View Post
    he also used to always watch SVU and i'd get annoyed because i'd always hear about it, well i decided to be nice and watch it with him one day, and i have been HOOKED ever since
    lol funny you should mention that. I'm a huge fan of SVU and I got my SO hooked on it. He's a big nerdy type but always watched Stargate, I got him more into the classics - Star Trek. He got me into watching Two and a Half Men.

I have more hobbies of the two of us so I'm more likely to get him to try something new - drawing, writing, taking long walks, ect. But he's gotten me back more into playing video games and reminds me to take it easy once in a while lol.

The main thing is, he got me into studying 'his' religion. He's not particularly religious and neither am I, but he comes from a Jewish background, so I began looking into it and learning about the beliefs and customs. We celebrated Hanukkah this past year (from a distance unfortunately).

Comment

I got him into Halo, he got me into Call of Duty XD I got him into Supernatural, he got me into How I met your Mother... I got him into drawing, he got me into World of Warcraft... I'm thinking that's about it, lol. I didn't have many hobbies to start out with, and he's into computers and a bunch more things that don't make any sense to me.

Comment

I'm not sure I got him into anything, but he got me interested in calligraphy again. I used to do it when I was a kid, but I haven't for a long time and he was atlking about it and showing me pens and how they work and stuff, and now I'm thinking of taking it up again.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
        -- Anonymous

Comment

We have a lot of the same interests, but we still share some things with each other. He's teaching me about basketball, football and baseball and I'm teaching him rugby. I've been getting him into my crime shows and he's been getting me into his comedy. We share music with each other because we have very different tastes.
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

My SO got me into Hockey, used to show me some great plays (and great fouls...shudder) on you tube so i got ESPN added to my subscription and BOOM full on Toronto Maple Leafs fan! My four year old daughter has also become hooked telling everyone she wants to play hockey with the boys when shes a big girl.
            "Spreading the Canadian disease" as he puts it.
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

He's got me into plenty of TV shows- How I met your mother, Psych... he couldn't get me into it's always sunny in Philadelphia though, I have tried, several times... must be an American thing, cos I don't find it funny at all lol

I got him into Doctor Who, Hustle and Skins.

We've swapped favourite bands too, so I have a lot more music now... but now I think about it, I've influenced him more with interests- I was sat watching a Japanese drama one day and he got into it too (The Quiz Show 2... I won't tell him I was watching it because Sakurai Sho is pretty ), he even got Rosetta Stone and has been trying to learn Japanese in his spare time. I think I've got him more interested in travel... or at least given him a reason to travel.

He goes through so many phases, it's hard to get into his interests when he changes them so often lol But he did get me back into Rugby, even though I can't play any more, it is my favourite sport to watch, I missed it.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

My SO got me hooked on the anime show Inuyasha. He once showed me a vid of Inuyasha and Kagome fighting and then getting along together, and my SO said we'd be like that sometimes. Ever since that video, I wanted to know more about Inuyasha. I miss that show. I believe that I got my SO wanting to learn to play the piano.

Comment

Apart from each other's language and culture that we're of teaching each other about:
                  he got me into Polish music. I mean I knew and liked some of the bands before, but he definitely introduced me to some bands I didn't know before and took me to concerts of the ones I already knew.

We discovered the Cartoon "Martha Speaks" (Marta Mowi) together and fell in love with it. Does that count?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I got him liking one of my favorite artists: Tegan and Sara, and he got me liking a lot of bands that he loves. And he got me into Man Vs. Wild and loving guitar!

Comment

He's made me enjoy his favorite bands a lot more. I've gotten him into more of my kind of music (Brand New, Copeland, etc.)
                      He's also trying to get me into the show Psych... but I have yet to see it on TV. He said he is going to bring the seasons when he comes next and he'll watch it with me :P

Comment

Mark has got me into watching Philadelphia Flyers hockey games with him, and started watching football more since I have been with him.

Comment

We get each other into various American movies-I might be the one living in America, but I'm a little behind in my movie knowledge, and he's been watching a ton to brush up on English. Mostly older ones.

I got him into Owl City, because he had Fireflies, and I ended up buying the rest of the album. He's been recommending me various Asian music.

I do hope to teach him more on swimming and ice skating/rollerblading, because he fails at both. But I have to physically be there to start this one.

He wants to teach me more wushu/acrobatic stuff, because he knows I'm already interested in it, and that does happen to be his expertise.

Comment

I am not much of a sports fan, but my boyfriend got me into hockey... Now I am a hardcore Boston Bruins fan!! lol we also watch the games together via skype too.. And he also got me HOOKED on Criminal Minds and the Star Wars movies... We had a marathon of ALL 6 movies while I was there, he was so shocked that I had not seen the first three... LOL

Comment

I flicked through the New Zealand channels and my SO showed me all of those horrible talk shows.

I love them.

The Jeremy Kyle Show, The Oprah Show, The Tyra Show, Dr. Phil...

I actually can't wait to watch all of those again, haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X