new interests your SO got you into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
    I flicked through the New Zealand channels and my SO showed me all of those horrible talk shows.

I love them.

The Jeremy Kyle Show, The Oprah Show, The Tyra Show, Dr. Phil...

I actually can't wait to watch all of those again, haha.

haha i was actually in the audience for 2 tyra shows! it was so cool, and i was in the 2nd row i could almost touch her!
    <3
    sigpic

Comment

He got me into Vampire Diaries right away when we started talking, and recently the Bachelor.
      There is so much more stuff that I've gotten him into than him into me! I think. lol
      Trying to think..
      Oh! Taylor Swift.
      Jeez, that's all I can think of right now. We previously had A LOT of the same interests before, sooo

Comment

Of course we have broadened each other's horizons musically and in our movie tastes, but I think the most profound difference is that we have helped each other open our minds to things politically. I am pretty liberal, and he was very conservative when we met. My best friend is gay, and I am a very strong supporter of same-sex marriage and gay rights. He was very against them but has come around and is now a supporter, although he would still like to learn more about it. As a veteran, he opened my eyes to veterans' rights issues, and I am now a more knowledgeable citizen when it comes to them. I took an interest and started working with the vets office at my school doing outreach work, and I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by amandamayaaa View Post
          haha i was actually in the audience for 2 tyra shows! it was so cool, and i was in the 2nd row i could almost touch her!
          No! How awesome!

Comment

this summer, I am going to teach my boyfriend to swim(: and we have also had great impacts on eachothers lives. we have improved eachother for the better and I love that about him.
            we are eachothers rehabs(:

Comment

We kind of already liked many of the same things... we're both really nerdy and love video games and we do anime conventions and cosplaying and stuff. That's how we met actually but I suppose he's the one who originally hooked me on Team Fortress 2, although that was way back before we were dating or anything. And I've definitely turned him on to Doctor Who. I'm huuuuuge into the Doctor and now it's all Gabriel talks about too, hahaha.

Comment

He got me to like Pokemon again, lol. I was so into it when i was younger and then when we got together he got me into it again XD This sunday is totally devoted to pokemon black and white <3
                I'm trying to get him interested in some of the shows i like but so far its not working XD He's like "I'd rather watch them with you right beside me" so i cant really complain
                I got him into reading more though.

I think thats about it... i cant really think of anything XD

First Met Online: May 08
                Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

I got my SO into Joss Whedon. Specifically Firefly, but he watched all seven seasons of Buffy just so he could discuss it with me. I also got him back into a few video games he'd stopped playing. I got him stoked when Fable III came out and now we both play a lot of Red Dead Redemption.

We started out with a lot of similar hobbies. We met at a renaissance festival so we've both always been into things stemming from that category. I can't for the life of me think of anything he's gotten me into, but I'm sure there's something. I'm sure there will be a lot of things if we ever make it to closing the distance.

Comment

My SO got me into movies more. I rarely watched movies before her.

Comment

He's got me back into Pokemon, and a TON of new music! I've gotten into Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Streetlight Manifesto and Avenged Sevenfold to name a few, just because of him. I got him into Big Bang Theory. Can't think of what else at the moment lol.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I got him into Thai food, Wetzel's Pretzels, Tempura Icecream, and Jamba Juice (lol we love food) and Criminal minds too. He got me more into Avatar Jimmy Needham and Building 429 Critter Crunch and Rock Band :-) I'm sure there is more but I can't think of any now.

Comment

We have a lot of similar interests, but he got me into Poutine! If you've never had it, it's delicious. I think I first tried it when we visited Montreal. It's french fries with gravy and cheese curds. But I get it without cheese. =/ Omg. I want some right now, but I'm trying to lose weight! Gr.

Comment

my bf totally got me into watching UFC too haha

Comment

He got me into Snow, Biscuits and Gravy and Metal music. I'm still not exactly "into it" but I'm much more open minded and can appreciate it more.

I got him into loads of British things - Doctor Who being the main one. He also loves fish and chips too. He hasnt even been to the UK yet!

I also got him into USA shows that he hadnt really watched like HIMYM and Big Bang Theory which is now one of our biggest things we love as a couple.
                              Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by KatyCakes10 View Post
                                We have a lot of similar interests, but he got me into Poutine! If you've never had it, it's delicious. I think I first tried it when we visited Montreal. It's french fries with gravy and cheese curds. But I get it without cheese. =/ Omg. I want some right now, but I'm trying to lose weight! Gr.
                                Haha poutine.. soooooooooooooo good I can't believe you get it without cheese... That's not poutine anymoreee!! One of my friends eats it with ketchup... it's disgusting!

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
                                I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X