Moved And Moving Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved And Moving Again

Did anyone move to their SO and have to move back because of reasons beyond their control? Mara can you tell me more about your experience when you had to move back?
    I'm am really upset and to top it off I probably won't be able to say so long because he travels out of town for work and he is away right now on business. Any would be appreciated. Thanks. P.S. I also wanted to ask if your move back effected the relationship in any way?

Emotionally, it was horrible. We both were pretty devastated. As far as our relationship goes, it has been hard being apart again, but the whole thing has brought us closer together.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that with me. It was very encouraging to know it brought both of you closer. I hope things go well for you this time when you close the distance for good. I'm new at this kind of relationship and on this site. I hope you don't mind if I could add you as a friend. You can add me as well to your list.

Comment

I don't mind at all. I don't think things would have been so hard when I moved back if we hadn't already, at that point, been living together for a year. I think it was more the shock of it than anything. I wasn't expecting us to ever go through this, but we really didn't have any choice. The first few weeks after I moved back were horrible. I just didn't want to be here. It has gotten a lot better especially now that we know (roughly) when we will be together again (in the same place).

I'd never been in a ldr before so this is completely new to me and I wondered if we really could survive this. It's hard going from seeing someone everyday to every four-six weeks. I'm also the type of person that needs a lot of affection so it's really hard for me being away from him, but this did reaffirm that we want to be with each other. I mean before I left we had already talked about getting married and we wanted to spend our lives together, but when you see someone everyday it's easy to take that for granted and we never really got a chance to miss each other.

I can honestly say I think being apart makes us appreciate each other more and I think when I finally do move to be with him again permanently there won't be much that can threaten our relationship because when you go through this with someone, I feel like you can almost go through anything with them.

I know it's going to be hard, but I wish you luck moving back. Just stay focused on the next time you'll see your SO, it really does help.

Comment

I think it does make you appreciate the person and not take them for granted. I think that is why this happened and what we can learn from it. I moved to him but never got to spend much time toghether because he travels with his job. Then the other issues happened and prevented us from moving in together. I am hopeful and greatful to have him in my life. So now I have to move back find a place to live and a job. It is sad but we have to face it. He does travel to where I will be so I'm hoping we can visit soon. I am hopeful and grateful to have him in my life. He doesn't want me to go although we hardly got to be together because he was always gone away on business trips. I am hoping he can get a job transfer and move to me next time.

Comment

Working...
          X