Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to get use to being in a LDR??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take to get use to being in a LDR??

This might be a silly question... But this is my very first LDR and i was wondering how long it takes to get use to being in one?? although we have been together for a month now I am not use to it.. We DONT plan on breaking up or anything.

for me personally, I never quite get used to being away from him. I miss him all the time but talking on the phone and skyping and visits when we can always help. the thing that does help me get through the days I miss him is just remembering that I love him and he is definitely worth every mile<3

Comment

Thanks Steph!! we skype everyday with our cams, although dont talk on the phone... I am not much a phone talker and neither is he LOL. I would rather text, but hes not much of a texter either...

Comment

skyping is always good though because you can see him and it definitely makes me feel closer to him when I can't be there with him. (:

Comment

Skyping is awesome.. We even leave our cam on when we sleep too. Its almost like we next to each other, but nothing can replace him being actually next to me holding me at night while we sleep...

Comment

It seems like it's the hardest thing to get use to because of the distance. But I love him and he love me no matter how far the distance.

Comment

Hmm. I think it took a couple of months to really get that *we are in it and we mean business* feeling of being in an LDR. We hadn't met though, we were strictly online for the first 8 months. That may have made it take longer to sink in?
              Once we were totally serious about each other, and the doubts were fading away, it was much easier to accept that this is just how it was, and we needed to get used to it, and make the best of it.

Comment

We as a whole are not completely used to it yet-since there was the ugly period of fighting with my parents and breaking up for a bit over it. But I think I'm getting those ideas-probably because life suddenly got dumped on me in the form of applications, classes, and other activities. I find myself not freaking out, but accepting that this is just how it is.

Comment

I am pretty much the same as Garnet..Took me few months to really get use and believe that i am in LDR...and after 8months we meet each other in person for the first time..After the meeting, things gets a lot easier..coz we knew we love each other and the distance wont be forever..We spend time as much as we can, talk to each other and like what you do sleep with skype on.. :-)

Comment

I think I've accepted it now finally, but I wouldn't say I'm use to it. This is the only ldr I've been in and we were cd for a year so us not being together now and seeing each other as often as we would like is hard. It's sort of like a good days and bad days thing. Most days I'm okay, other days I'm just sad, but I think after a while it just sort of sinks in that there is nothing you can do to change the situation immediately so you might as well just accept it.

Comment

I realize it going to take some time to get use to the fact that he is 3 hours away... But I just didnt know how long it was gonna take.

Comment

I've accepted it, but we've been together for a long time, and I'm still not used to it. We're closing the distance in May, and I guess I'll go until them without being used to it. It just never feels right not having him by my side every day.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                        - A. A. Milne

Comment

I was CD with my SO for 9 months before we went LD. It took a week or so of tears for me to accept the fact we were now LD and not physically able to be together for another 5 months where we would have a visit. As for getting used to it... we sort of just fell into a routine gradually really. The only times we haven't skyped everyday is when one of us has been on a trip. So after a while, it just becomes normal.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

i dont think you ever get used to it more like you kinda tolerate better, i think it gets you better prepared for the future though

Comment

I guess in some ways I'm kind of used to it now, after two months. He recently came to visit and when he left, I was soooo sad. But I was afraid it was going to be as hard to adjust to him not being around as the first time that I left... and it really wasn't. It was more like falling back into the routine that we had come into for the first two months before he came to visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X