Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to get use to being in a LDR??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've accepted it really. It took a couples months to come to the realization that we weren't going back to school, that we weren't going to be able to see each other like we had before. It's still hard
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

It took me about.... 6 months to get kinda in the swing of things. Almost two years later, and I'm still not really used to it. I think you just learn to tolerate and accept that this is how things are gonna be until you can close the distance.

First Met Online: May 08
      Became a Couple: 4.11.09
      First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
      Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
      Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

I am use to it. I have accepted that this is how it is...and for now it has to be. It took me a couple of months....
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Does anyone have rough days/nights?? I was fine yesterday, until last night.. I had a rough night, I guess you can say I fell apart and I was crying half the night... I couldnt also sleep..

Comment

Originally posted by blueeyes79 View Post
            Does anyone have rough days/nights?? I was fine yesterday, until last night.. I had a rough night, I guess you can say I fell apart and I was crying half the night... I couldnt also sleep..
            You're definitely not alone. The reason we're long distance is that I moved away, so I'm not just missing him, I'm missing ALL my friends and family. The feeling comes and goes, some nights are definitely just harder. But hang in there and remember that your SO loves you all the same, no matter where you are.

Comment

I accepted the distance pretty easily. We were living together for several months when we found out that I had gotten an opportunity that would take me away from him for 9 months. So we had quite some time to emotionally prepare for the distance.

Comment

Aww I've never thought of doing that<3
                that would be really cute (:
                and of course nothing can replace being held by the one you love.
                but sometimes we have to find things that will work just for the moment, knowing someday you wont have to deal with the distance<3

Comment

I'm pretty used to it. We were together for four months before we met, so it was kind of normal to be away from him. But leaving still hurts like hell and I'm always a wreck. For me, that's the worst part.

I'm pretty sure I can safely say that everyone here has good days and bad days, but you just have to find something that pulls you out of that hole. Mine's chocolate. I like having something unrelated to him that makes me feel better because if I'm already missing him pretty badly, anything that reminds me of him typically makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by blueeyes79 View Post
                    yeaaah ive had those days doesnt help when your PMSing, i mean i miss her all the time but some days more so and i just up bawling alot

Comment

I don't think you can really get used to it. There were times when I felt like I might be used to it, but it was always a very concious thought, which basically just emphasises how much I've missed him (does this sentence makes sense to you?).

Comment

I don't think I'll ever get used to being away from my SO. We've been ld since we started dating. I never miss him less when we have to part ways, and I still have some really bad low days. I think more than 'getting used to it', I've tried to work harder on just dealing with it, accepting that things are the way they are right now but won't always be this way, rising to the challenges and struggles of being long distance. It can be done

Comment

You never really get used to it, you just learn to deal with it. It just becomes a way of life and you end up accepting this is how it is if you're going to be with that person you love so much. (And by you, I mean anyone lol)

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

There's not really a set amount of time to finally accept being in a LDR. Some people get used to it quicker than others. You just take the good days with the bad. You cry when you need to, and you just let your SO know that you love them and can't wait to be with them. It always helps to have a routine to fall back on, especially during the hard days.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I agree that you never really get used to it, as much as you accept it. And sometimes your mind even rebels against accepting it.

I mean after 3 nights snuggled with The Boy, it's hard to come home and sleep alone. But I accept it.

My mind usually rebels when it comes to social events, ones where a date is usually expected. Like I have an event to attend tomorrow night and I have to go alone. And an 80s band The Boy and I were just talking about this past weekend is going to be playing where he lives and of course, I encouraged him to go, but so sad I won't be there.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

We have a long and complicated story but when I first met him and we were first together, I don't think I ever really accepted being long distance. Now, I understand it is what it is, but that doesn't make it any easier. I knew what I was getting into since we'd been down this road before, and I did meet him while I was on vacation in his home state...

And yes, I have nights that I cry. But mostly I have mornings where I wake up sad that he isn't there with me....Nights I have a hard time sleeping so I run myself down until I just fall alseep and don't have time to think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X