Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before you saw each other in person? Years never seeing face to face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just two weeks shy of a year since we began dating. Granted we only saw each other for 2 1/2 days, but it was worth it in the end. We had tried twice before to see each other, but it was impulsive and with no planning so they fell through almost as soon as we got the idea to do it. The third time I decided to plan two months ahead of time and nearly drove myself nuts with the wait and anticipation.

I had a friend whose every relationship was long distance and she never met any of the guys she dated. The last one lasted for almost 3 years and they almost met, but he was arrested at the airport for having dangerous substances in his luggage (he was a chemist). Turns out it was for the better because after that he became terribly possessive and obsessive and even suicidal, threatening to kill himself if she didn't call him before work or tell him where she'd been and with who. In the end it saved her the trouble of finding out these dangerous flaws in person, but I know it was hard on her when she finally broke it off with him.

Comment

i never spent years without seeing him, but 9 months felt like it. after we met, he went back home then we started dating in March. and i didn't see him until December. it was hard, but he's worth every mile. <3

Comment

Mark and I were together 2 years and 2 months before we finally saw eachother in person. We only got to spend about 8 hrs together but the time together was still great. If i hadnt of moved from Montana to Connecticut and made the distance only a few hours drive away it might have been longer until we saw eachother though.

Comment

It took us 8 months to finally meet face to face. International travel is so painfully expensive!

Comment

We haven't met yet, we're aiming for this summer, but not sure. Our one year anniversary is in May, and it most likely will be after that.
            Flights and passports add up

Comment

Over a year. We started dating in January 2009 and didn't meet until March 2010.

Comment

6 years and we are meeting next week if nothing goes wrong.
                Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

We started dating in September 2008 and didn't meet until December 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaH View Post
                    It's been 2 years since my SO and I started dating, and we have to wait another year before we can actually see each other, due to various things. I know how she feels, how the waiting can be torture, but just as I feel, let her know that she will meet her SO one day and it'll be wonderful.
                    yes she is like this too, she told me she doesnt see it hapenning this year.
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

It was five months before we got to meet each other.

Comment

we started dating and after 8months then only we see each other in person for the first time..but after that it took almost a year for us to meet again...But its all worth it..:-)

Comment

it took me a little more than a year to meet my SO for the first time, and oddly enough I had never thought of actually meeting him he sprang the idea of a visit on me and I was baited, sometimes I wish I didn't meet him yet cuz I miss him like crazy all the time now, but I wouldn't change meeting him for the life of me.

Notes:
                          Met: 8.17.09
                          Started Dating: 8.20.09
                          First Met: 10.2.10
                          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

We became friends online...Best Friends - 1998 but we are both so logical we discussed how we wouldn't allow ourselves to be more than friends without a face to face. We finally met in 2002 and it was amazing.. so amazing...but we stayed platonic during his visit because we were STUPID and insecure about ourselves..and only admitted the physical chemistry for each other as he was boarding his plane. Then we were both soooo depressed after the wonderful 3 weeks together (even just friends there was magic) that we decided though we both admitted being in love with each other... it was illogical and impossible to have a long distance relationship...so we stayed friends. Until 2007 when after 9 years of being each others best friend and significant others (with 4 more visits as friends) We got over being stupid.

So it was 4 years before we met. then another 5 years of loving each other before we became a couple.. and then 3 years and 55 days as a couple between visits to see each other.

as the t-shirt I'm wearing says... WORTH IT!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

It took us 7 months to meet. I wanted to wait until I could stay with him for a few months since traveling to his location is really expensive!

Comment

We didn't wait very long. We met after 2 months, and I think we rushed it a little because we weren't completely comfortable with each other when we first met. We it has now been 5 months since we saw each other last and we have been together 7 months, and I will be seeing him for the second time in 22 days. A lot has changed and I have no doubts this visit will go a million times better.

Comment

Working...
                                X