The plan is 60% and progressing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plan is 60% and progressing...

Since last January its clear that me and my SO decide that i will visit him to Germany in May, since i never been outside South East Asia, he think it will be a good experience for me.

So we both work on things.. i renew my passport which is finished two weeks ago and i scan it and send it to him so he could made me an invitation letter.. and its done like 3 days ago.. i was holding up my breathe because i haven't heard anything about this letter before.. and he just very busy lately! and then one day he sent me mail said, the invitation letter is on it way to my address.. i am soooo happy!

Now the thing that i need to do is, book my flight to Jakarta, so i could submit the visa application... but then.. i was shocked seeing the flight ticket fare from Jakarta to Frankfurt.... omg!! its US$ 940 the cheapest!! i tried alternative departure from Singapore, as i actually closer to Singapore than Jakarta.. oh.. its still like closing to US$880... oh my!!

This is crazy! i was talking with him on the other night i told him about the flight ticket price.. i didn't actually ask him to help.. but he do know how much my salary is (yepp its around $350/month gross) just crazy if i had to do it my self..... beside that.. to go to Germany embassy it self, i have to spent some money for flight ticket from my jungle to Jakarta so.. this is quite crazy for me to see the numbers.

He reply my mail this morning telling me that he will go to the travel agency... and he said.. i could only spent 14 days with him... i dont mind.... last thing i want is to set him into bankruptcy i dont want that....

I know comparing our salary wont be fair.. its like sky and the ground... but also.. i feel bad if he had to pay.. its just sooo huge amount for me.. i really want to meet him.. and oh God.. and i can not do this my self... i really do appreciate things he done for me, like writing the invitation letter... and now.. (prob) getting me flight ticket. I don't feel really comfortable when someone paying for me, but this time i guess i had no choice!

I don't care if its only 14 days, and its not as we plan before.... we plan to do some Europe trip (France, Italy, etc)... but seeing the flight ticket fare... its just.. shocking me...

I hope i have the printed flight ticket before i go to Jakarta Germany embassy for applying... hope everything will go smooth.

Wish us good luck guys! i will keep updating news about this!

Good luck. I know the price for tickets must seem horrible in your situatiom, but that's how it is. And unfortunately, they're only gonna get worse.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

@silviar
      yah... i know it might somehow get worse... haha hope airasia someday will fly to germany!

Comment

Good luck!! Hope you get to see him soon!

Comment

International flights are crazy expensive! >.<

But I'm sure it will be well worth it. Good luck!!

Comment

Wow, that's a tough situation. My guy and I are international, so I know how awful plane tickets can be. Good luck!
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by LotusWing View Post
              Good luck!! Hope you get to see him soon!
              Thank you! keep my finger crossed now!

Comment

Originally posted by Horizondreaming View Post
                International flights are crazy expensive! >.<

But I'm sure it will be well worth it. Good luck!!
                Yes, its crazy! but i heard one of my friend got special fare from KLM few weeks ago for return flight only for US$600! I dont know how he got it.. but i think my SO will find a way tho...

Its every expensive... with all of those money you could buy lots of things here in S.E Asia! but yes... i hehe i don't want anything else but spending sometimes with him!

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                  Wow, that's a tough situation. My guy and I are international, so I know how awful plane tickets can be. Good luck!
                  Yes its very crazy.. so far i join 3 different website to get notification alerts in case if there's any cheap flights ticket! (Kayak, Wego, Travelocity)

Comment

Working...
                  X