This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice with a LDR help?

Alright so here it is and to the point. Yesterday I found out that my SO couldn't call me anymore apparently because of her mother accusing her of sending the phone skyrocketing when her mother even told her that she could only call cell phones which she has unless one of her cousins/friends borrow the phone. From what she told me the bill was like 400 smack a roons.

Now the thing is that we can't talk anymore but only on her home phone now ,in which her mother could easily eaves drop on us, and frankly we like our privacy but still her mother is just being mean towards her about the phone when the easy solution would be to get her an unlimited plan which is like 50$ yet she won't listen and accuses her of crap like this when I suspect its her younger brother that is the one running up the bill (whom of which is 7 and very dense) and not her. Anyone have any advice on what to do about this? I mean I already miss talking to my SO and its only been a day.
    Start of LDR: December 2009
    First met: August 2008
    First meeting irl: Never
    Break up: February 8 2012

Price of relationship: Pain
    Price of the memories: Priceless
    I'll always know that she was my first love that I took seriously.
    I'll miss you, Vanessa.

I may young and stupid but I can't help it at all.

First - Welcome to LFAD.

I've gotta say though, unless your girlfriend is paying the bill herself, her mother is in charge here, "mean" or not. You said her Mom could just get her the unlimited plan for $50, but why should she have to pay that? If your girlfriend wants a phone and control over its usage, she can get a job and buy a pay-as-you-go. Her mother is NOT responsible for maintaining her daughter's LDR, you know? You and she are responsible for that, and need to make independent decisions on how to handle it yourself. Why do you need a phone? There are plenty of free ways to talk via the internet.

I think you need to think about what you're saying here, and think a little more maturely. If you're both old enough to be in this relationship, you've got to pay for it yourselves, her mother isn't "mean", her mother has other bills to pay, I'm sure.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Cell phone + phone card?

...Skype?

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        First - Welcome to LFAD.

I've gotta say though, unless your girlfriend is paying the bill herself, her mother is in charge here, "mean" or not. You said her Mom could just get her the unlimited plan for $50, but why should she have to pay that? If your girlfriend wants a phone and control over its usage, she can get a job and buy a pay-as-you-go. Her mother is NOT responsible for maintaining her daughter's LDR, you know? You and she are responsible for that, and need to make independent decisions on how to handle it yourself. Why do you need a phone? There are plenty of free ways to talk via the internet.

I think you need to think about what you're saying here, and think a little more maturely. If you're both old enough to be in this relationship, you've got to pay for it yourselves, her mother isn't "mean", her mother has other bills to pay, I'm sure.
        I agree with this 100%.....and cant you call her?
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I totally agree with Moon. Her mom pays for it so what she says go. She's only looking out for her daughter like a good "mama bear" should do. She can get a small job that easily pays the bill and get her own or even ask her friends with unlimited plans to use it for a night. I wasn't allowed to get a cell phone until I was 16 and up until that point, that's exactly what I did.

Comment

i agree with what i ive just read above..
            use the net, not only you can hear her voice but also you get to see each other..
            let her find a job, save money, get a plan.
            Last,
            YOU call her.

Comment

I agree that it is not up to mom to pay this bill. Like everyone has said, use the internet, use snail mail letters... but don't expect others to pay for your LDR.

Comment

Well, I've read this all and I'd have to say that I don't like the fact that it seems hurtful and mean in my eyes but looking at it from another pov I suppose it makes sense but doesn't mean I have to like it but what was said is very true and so I can see how it can be that way.
                Start of LDR: December 2009
                First met: August 2008
                First meeting irl: Never
                Break up: February 8 2012

Price of relationship: Pain
                Price of the memories: Priceless
                I'll always know that she was my first love that I took seriously.
                I'll miss you, Vanessa.

I may young and stupid but I can't help it at all.

Comment

Working...
                X