he really loves me! .////.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he really loves me! .////.

so I don't know if I've ever told y'all this but Alex sometimes has the tendency to be kind of an addictive gamer. He loves PC and console games (I can't blame him for that as I do too) and he plays them A LOT. I knew this before we were in a relationship as he'd talk to me while he was gaming on voice or video sometimes.

Anyway... so this past week he and his best friend got a 2 week free trial to a new MMO and they have been playing it almost nonstop. Usually they hang out and do whatever on the weekends and then during the week Alex and I talk. Well this past Monday he didn't get on to talk to me, and he didn't on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was feeling pretty lonely. Yeah, he'd send me e-mails (at like 4 in the morning) after they were done gaming, but that only helped a little tiny bit ^^; I didn't say anything, though, because I figured...it's okay if every once in a while he took some time out for just him. He can be a little selfish when it comes to that and it's been a while since he's done something like this so I decided I'd only say something about it if he did it for a second week in a row.

But on Thursday night I texted that I was going to sleep within an hour so if he wanted to talk that's the longest I'd be available and he got online right away. I was surprised but we started chatting and I told him I thought he'd be gaming with his friend. He told me he uninstalled the game. I asked him if there was something wrong with it, game mechanics, etc, and he said, "just figured that if i dont see you this much while im playing a free trial, what happens when i pay for it?" *blush*

So I'm glad I didn't say anything to him about the game because it means more to me that he came up with that on his own. and, also, if he's willing to put away something he likes for me... then that means that he really does care and think I'm important. This had been a problem in the past but I'm happy he came to this conclusion on his own.

Just wanted to share with y'all.

Such a cute story.

My boyfriend did something similar a few days ago.
    We were talking on skype and then he was like "Ok... I do have to ask you... a favour. It's very serious. Your boyfriend's got a problem", I was all worried and he went on "so I kind of sort of... got addicted to this game [Transport something?]... and I can't stop playing... I tried to uninstall, but it reinstalls within a few mins - so it's not helping." and he then told me he was going to send me his saves. He didn't want to lose them because he had worked so hard for them but at the same time didn't want them on his computer, cause he'd play more.

I have them in my inbox now. If I ever need him to do something for me, I'll threaten to delete them *evil laugh*

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

That's so sweet of him

We've hit snags like this before where he'd be playing video games and I'd ask him what he wanted to do later - hinting that I'd like to have a skype date - and he'd be like "well...I dunno, probably just play some more xbox." I don't want to be the big bad girlfriend and be like "Noooo you must do something with meeeeee" and take away his fun but when it started happening a lot more frequently I got miffed.

The icing on the cake was we had agreed that because of his grades (and finances) I wasn't comfortable with him buying that new game Bulletstorm. I go to visit him and my best friend accidentally ratted him out (he didn't know my SO wasn't supposed to have the game). So I find the game at the absolute bottom of my SO's stack of xbox games, get the impression he was trying to hide it and confront him on it like "hmmm, where did THIS game come from a I wonder?" He's worried now that he has a problem with video games, that he's too complusive and just buys new games without thinking first or he tends to avoid problems by playing them. Instead of saying anything, he got up, unplugged his xbox and put in the corner and threw the game somewhere in the closet. He's gone a whole week without it. Probably the longest he's gone without video games in....ever.

Hm...maybe I should suggest that he and I play a game together later so he can get his game on, but still spend time with me :3

Comment

Wow... If Brandon ever tried to get in the way of my gaming... I don't even want to think about it XD We're both pretty even on being addicted to gaming, but we keep eachother in check so that it doesn't interfere with school or work. I don't mind talking to him while he's playing a game because chances are I'm playing one too. It works out

Comment

That's really cute! I know exactly how you feel because my boyfriend games on the weekends with his friends too.

Comment

He does really love You!<3

Comment

That's awesome! I remember the first time Rane left his pack of buddies in WoW to hang with me. They are this super tight boys club, with a total "bro's before ho's" mentality. I was amazed he walked away, but things like that can really mean a lot! He took major crap for it too, I mean, how awful, to spend time with your girl, right? :P

Comment

So sweet.

Comment

I'm very happy to hear this!
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

awesome! it feels so great when they prove their love with actions

Comment

I know the feeling! For about a year and a half Andy kept saying how in Britain football is more important to some people than their wives! And he LOVES football, literally he can't live without it.

So the first time he chose to spend time with me instead of watching football I was soooooooo happy
                      He even said himself he never thought he'd choose a girl over footy

Alex is SO into you Marian, enjoy it!!!! <3

Comment

Working...
                      X