No announcement yet.

What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I would say both are quite hard...I guess the leaving is the worst but missing him is that much either hmmmm
    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Tough question.
      I think they're both hard, but in different ways.
      Departing is terrible. I hate saying good bye to him, having to wait for securities while he's still waiting, waving, blowing me kisses... And then wait for the dmn plane to depart, arrive to an empty appartment. Ugh. Going from being together 24hours a day (even if only for a weekend) to being alone all the time is quite a transition. It hurts a lot. (and that is with the knowledge/security that we'll see each other again in ~3 weeks)
      Like toggle said, "sharp, heartbreaking pain" fits very well.

Being without him is a different pain. It's not sharp. It doesn't come suddenly, but it's something I'm feeling constantly. Whereever I go, whatever I do, going to parties, grocery shopping, brushing my teeth I almost always think about how it would be like, if he was there with me now. How I'd hold his hand, what I'd tell him, what he'd do right that moment. It does hurt, but it's more of a nagging, blunt pain.

I can't say which is worse. That's like asking whether a constant headache is worse than stepping on a really sharp needle.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Leaving. Being in a Ldr has increased my patience hugely. But I can't stand leaving. The only thing that gets me on that plane is knowing that if I dont I'll outstay my visa and never cone back.

I don't know where I find the strength to get in the car, go into the airport or go through security. At every step I want to turn around and refuse to ever leave. I think that's why I collapse for 2-3 days straight when I get home, it took so much out of me just to leave.

Jeez I'm choking up now thinking about having to leave at the end of the month...
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

long periods apart are harder for me. atleast when you have to say goodbye you know another visit is shortly away!

Comment

Saying goodbye was way harder for me.

Comment

Departing. Definitely. As long as there's communication the waiting is bearable. But the departing is like ripping one's heart from one's chest and the cavity filling with emptiness, shadow, and pain. There's an indescribable ache and in that moment it feels like Hell.

Comment

both are not easy for me, but i definitely think saying goodbye is harder out of the two options.

Comment

Leaving is the worse to me. Being apart is somehow easier to manage for me.

Comment

Definitely leaving. Waiting for the next visit isn't easy either, but at least there's lots for me to do to occupy the time inbetween. However, leaving after a visit where we've just been together living our lives is incredibly hard for me. It hurts so much to leave him at the airport security line, knowing that I'll be spending the next several hours on a plane and then going home to my house and sleeping alone once again. Once you get past the post visit depression, the waiting becomes less difficult for me.

Comment

Both. Especially if you are waiting a long time in between visits (months, year) etc it gets really hard.

But saying goodbye, is just as hard as waiting to see them again...

Comment

time in between for sure. Distance is a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                          I can't say which is worse. That's like asking whether a constant headache is worse than stepping on a really sharp needle.
                          Saw this after I posted - thats very true. But as other people have said, when your waiting there are things to fill your time and occupy you. Also for me I'm counting down each day, I try and take it as positively as possible, looking forward to the next visit rather than thinking of how long we've been apart.

But when I first leave I have a good 12-14 hours before I even get to hear his voice again. We dont normally go that long without speaking on most days when we're apart.

*Sigh*
                          Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Departing, definitely. It gets me every time. After awhile, I eventually start to get numb to the wait (never fully, but enough to keep it bearable).
                            My heart belongs to a pilot!
                            ~*~
                            ~*~
                            [/center]

Comment

Both are hard, but the wait is definitely harder to me, like as of now, ughhh i just wish he was here with me

Comment

Working...
                              X