Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get sad when others relationship end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do get sad, it doesn't have me second guessing my own relationship though because I know what my SO and I are going through, but it is sad. Especially for a friend of mine for that to happen.

Comment

*my post will probably show a side of me you haven't seen*

Except for the people on here, I don't get sad if couples break up, hell it could be my own family member or close friend. Once one of them breaks up I go cold, I don't comfort them, i don't pity them and I don't feel sorry for them. I don't give them my shoulder to cry on, I tell them to buck up and get over it because if it didn't work out now it's never going to and it's best to get over them now and move on than stay and mope around missing them.

i will say i think it has to do with my friends doing the same thing to me, i've just gone numb when it happens to them

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by OneForTheRomance View Post
        I know what you mean, friends of mine broke up after being together for 4 years! But I was just as sad for myself! We lost our perfect double date couple and I felt like I lost a friend because now I never see the guy anymore.
        yes there is that as well, when one of the 2 is a closer friend than the other and you only met the second one because of the first friend. so when they split, if it doesnt happen in a friendly way, you are kind of forced to choose between friends
        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

a little bit yeah, cause im noisy and i wonder why they did lol

Comment

Yeah, I do. Also with LFAD couples. Especially if I read about them all the time and how happy they seemed.

Comment

It does hit close to home. I can't help it, but I've had more than a couple nightmares about things not working out with my SO. It's just a pain that's so hard to imagine.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I do feel for my friends who are having problems in their relationships. I lead my support and hope the can work it out.

Comment

That would be situational depending on the coupling. There's been some friends relationships I've seen end I was very sad about because I thought it was something special or with the potential to be long term. Then there's those relationships that you would say "are doomed from the start" and you are just waiting for it to end. I have been in both kinds lol :P.
                  " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                  Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Of course I get sad!
                    Especially when it's people on here. Couples you least expect. It's just incredibly sad to see them go from so happy to in love to sad and heart broken.

Comment

Of course! i would feel sad! i think we are all "soldier of love" and when the war zone took casualty of a relationship that would made me sad! we are in here together, been there feel the pain before.. so yes.. i would expect my friends also will feel sad or empathy on my relationship if its over!

Comment

yes im not in here that long but like some of you were saying i get sad when i see people in here are breaking up as well. it is really sad to see someone you got to know somehow deeply, their emotions, being happy or waiting a next visit, and them everything is over, just like that.
                        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                          I think it's normal, whether you're casual friends, acquaintances, or good friends with one or both people within the couple, to feel to some extent a bit of grief when their relationship ends, especially if it ends badly. My ex-best friend dated LD for almost 3 years, was in love with the guy and at one point was almost engaged to him (he stupidly popped the question during a fight, she turned him down) but when a planned visit went awry and he became possessive, obsessive, and suicidal she had to break it off. I nearly tore the man's head off because of the pain he caused her and continued causing her by harassing her, me, and other mutual friends after they'd broken up. It took her a long time to get over him enough to think about dating again and I was with her every step of the way because I felt it was my duty as a friend. Here on LFAD, I offer my condolences, honestly feel bad for them, and if I feel it's appropriate I offer my time and shoulder because I know what it's like to be hurt, I've seen my friends get hurt in the dating game so often, and no one really needs to be alone in that time.
                          ^ I am the same way!! It's hard to go through a break up alone! I make sure I'm there for the person in every step too! I even go and check up on them to see if they're ok. I think alot of people go through break ups alone. It's rare to meet someone that actually has a good friend to go through a break up with (in my opinion!)

Comment

Whenever couples me and my boyfriend knew from high school break up that we thought were the "staying together" type, we both talk about it and get a little weird. It does in a sense make me a little less hopeful, but at the same time I see that not everything is meant to work, and on the other hand other things are REALLY meant to happen. Honestly, I'm obsessed with love and everyone having it in their lives, so I get sad when I see good couples split up, and in the end me and my boyfriend appreciate each other more when we see how easy it is for something seemingly good can end.
                            ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Comment

I feel sad when friends of mine end a LD. I would think about would we be the next couple to break up.
                              My so and I met each other one month before we were to leave for the university. In days we fell in love and we decided to become long distance couples the first holiday afterwards. The first 2 years, we are 600 miles apart and it's about to end. Well. The next 2 years will be 7000 miles + 12 hours time difference. I'm afraid, especially when I see my friends give up LD.

Comment

I do feel bad for people when they break up. It makes me worried for a few minutes about my SO and I, but I try to get out of that negative zone quickly. It's not worth it to live negatively, because we may not know their situation, and we're not them.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X