counting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

counting down

I'm currently in a CDR with my wonderful boyfriend of almost 4 months, Garrett. We've known each other for almost two years. I'm a senior in high school, and he's a sophomore. Ironically, he's the most mature guy I've been with. I've had three relationships before him: 1 year 4 months, 1 year 5 months, and 11 months. I'm very serious about the people I get into relationships with and always have long term, forever intentions. My last relationship ended in devistating heartbreak.

Garrett and I met in marching band in my junior year, when he was a freshman. It was my first of two years being percussion captain, therefore leader of his section. Even though I was his leader, we became fast friends. We shared so many interests including that deep passion for playing percussion. It was obvious to me that he liked me in a very short time. However, I had just entered my last relationship and didn't even consider him. We remained friends throughout that year. This past summer he had a fling with a girl I knew was horrible for him and would break his heart. I was right. We helped each other through the pain through the marching season, my last. He also got me to rejoin our local indoor drumline with him, which was the best decision I've made in a long time.

Garrett wants to be an engineer. He's incredibly smart, driven, goal oriented, has a great family that I love, adores animals, wants two kids just like me, LOVES percussion, favors movie soundtracks over all other music, is hilarious, loves to joke around and have fun, and best of all is nurturing and patient with me whenever I need him to be. He cares so much and does whatever he can to ensure I'm happy, which is exactly what I do for him. Though it may sound crazy or weird, he tells me all the time that he can't wait to marry me and spend forever with me. He treats me how I've always wanted to be treated but never have been.

Marching band, and music itself, is basically what I'm made of. It's inspired me to go to East Carolina University to major in Music Education. Garrett helped me overcome my doubts in myself and go audition. I recently made it in the music school and plan to go this fall

I never thought I'd date someone younger than me. But Garrett is truly the best person I know. We have our moments, but this relationship is so much healthier than I've ever experienced in my past ones. We hang out all the time like best friends while we love each other passionately. It's as perfect as it can get.

I head off to college around August 14th. I joined this site because I have every intention to stay with Garrett forever, as childish as that may sound coming from someone my age. I will not pressure him to go to ECU when that time comes for him, but it would thrill me if he did. I just would love some advice on how to make this work, and I'm open to all opinions.

I really admire you for not giving up. You are going to get a lot of people telling you that "you are going to college now, there will be lots of boys to meet." But, who's to say that these boys cant be just friends. If you guys are really willing to make it work, then it is possible. There is no reason why your boy can't consider going to the same school you do, but if something were to come up (say he were to get a full ride somewhere else) then its good that you won't limit him to having to be with you. If this is truly something that can last, you 2 will have the rest of your lives to be together. Its going to be a lot of work, but don't just give up.

Comment

Hey, welcome aboard!

I don't think 17 is too young to think about forever ^^ I met (not physically) my SO Obi when I was 17 and we're still thinking about forever.. And there are a lot of teenage members here too.

My advice would be not to worry too much, because LDR is not as difficult or scary as it's made out to be and your relationship can be just as fulfilling even though you're not physically as close. The biggest thing I've noticed here for people who go CDR to LDR, especially to begin college, is that the person left behind seems to suffer a lot while the other gets settled in, because there is just so much to do and people to meet and all that - so remember to nurture him a little more than usual in those first weeks if you get a chance.

Peace, hugs and carrots!
      ~Zephii
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Ha well actually I was the freshman who hooked up with a junior Now I'm a junior with my SO graduated last year and currently in CA (im in TX) and he's in the AF. Age isnt anything but a number, maturity is the biggest part in this and if both of you are ready to handle it than by all means, go for it People will probably tell you that its not the smartest idea, but prove them wrong! Just make sure you guys talk about everything and see how you guys want to work it out. I think what I learned is that communication is the most important part, mainly because now if a conflict comes up you wont be able to give him a kiss to make it all better. Its also about understanding that talking too each other wont be as frequent due to having seperate personal lives as well. But most importantly is that whenever you're feeling down about it (we all do) to remember why you're willing to do all this, to be with the one you love in time

Comment

thank you SO much guys! i really appreciate the input. i'll take that advice, zephii. i'm glad i joined this site :]

Comment

Wish you a lot of strength and love in this new path of your relationship.

Comment

thank you very much. i'm so glad to have found such a supportive community!

Comment

Working...
              X