Distance after Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance after Visits

I hate that the distance feels so much worse right after a visit. Does anyone else feel this way. Right now, I'm just in a "how the hell can I live without love when I know how great it can feel" kind of mood. </3 I just saw my SO this weekend to split the 4 months apart into smaller portions. But damn, I'm having the separation blues.
    ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

I totally understand this....(((((Hugs))))))
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

My guy just left on Friday... it already feels like it's been forever. Post-visit crud sucks a lot but when it's all I have, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Unless, of course, by 'the world' we mean curling up next to him every night. :P

Comment

Oh man that bit hit me like a brick wall on my visit. In a double-edged sword sort of way I was lucky. He left the hotel days before I was scheduled to fly home so while I ended up feeling that "holy shit I'm alone again why are my arms EMPTY" feeling, I had the minor hope he was within the same city and therefore not completely out of my reach. By the time I went home I wasn't crying anymore so I pretty much just went back to my life without any hitch. I did get pretty distant for a week, mainly because I had flipped out when he left and we avoided each other because he thought I was pissed and I was just lonely, but we picked back up. Unfortunately now when I miss him I actually know what I'm missing and it's kind of like a slap to the face.

Comment

I'm going through that right now. I spend the last few days with my SO and he left about two and a half hours ago. I feel like there's a part of me missing, but there's a part of me that feels like I shouldn't feel that way since I saw him back in February and I'll see him again in a few weeks. I guess I just wish we were at that point where we don't have to say good bye.

Comment

Yea I know exactly what you mean!

Comment

Post-Visit is a downer and I know it stunk for me and my SO the last time.

We are getting close to our second visit and the distance feels horrible. It feels like he's so far away and that I won't ever be able to see him when in reality I get to see him in 18 days.

Comment

Yeah, it gets really bad right after a wonderful visit.

Especially if you know that it's going to take months to see each other again.

Comment

Yes, it's always tough immediately after for me, too. My SO and I almost always tiff after, too, so don't be surprised if you have a small fight. It's the change in distance talking.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Ah this happens to me a lot, but we're really trying to not let the distance cause fights as much, bc almost ALL our fights are distance related. We made a plan to have a better, healthier LD relationship so I'm REALLY hoping that'll help with this.

Comment

The Boy and I call it PVC: Post-Visit Crash. The funny part is that we don't feel it until days later; we are both so busy, we had to jump right back into life as soon as we got back from Vegas last week. It didn't hit us until Friday, when we both realized that just a week prior we were together...and yeah. CRASH! Add that to the fact that The Boy was sick and alone last weekend, and well, he's told me that he missed me three days in a row. Totally out of character for him. But I'm not complaining

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Reading all of this is scaring me, lol. My first visit is just around the corner =p

Comment

Ugh, the post-visit blues. The WORST! I just battled that the other day. Anthony left to go back to college on Saturday, so this weekend was a rough one. The distance feels even longer than it really is and it's so hard to stay positive. I just try to let it out and be sad for a few days and then try to move on. I noticed the first few days we're apart, Anthony and I don't talk as much as we normally do. I think his way of coping with missing me is to just not talk to me that much at first because he misses me too much and it's so painful for him to talk to me. As we get used to the distance, within a few days, we talk as normally and it's all good. =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Don't mean to make you worry! As much it sucks to come off such a love high, it is nice to have another time together to think back to when you get sad. I hope your visit goes well!

Comment

We're a college LD couple too. When we're back in our own worlds, we first get really depressed to be at school. Then we go through a okay we can do this stage! Then we get really busy and have trouble staying as healthy, start fighting, and then end up making up and being on a love high again. It's such a roller coaster!

Comment

Working...
                              X