Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can this be?

I'm just sad and a little frustrated..
    My SO and I first stared exchanging letters last year and it took 4 business days for one of us to get our letters.
    Now...it's so different.
    Whenever I send Alex a letter he gets it in under a week or exactly a week (including weekends.) When he sends me a letter...it takes longer than that. Last time he sent me a CARD in the mail it took THREE weeks.
    The only difference is that the US Post office operates on Saturdays and Canada's doesn't because it's unionized.
    I know there is nothing I can do about this but wait..it's just frustrating getting excited and being excited, and going to check the mail every day and it not be there. It's already been 8 days since he sent it...I don't want to wait another three weeks again..
    Maybe I'm just being spoiled..but seriously? It used to take 6 days for travel time. It'd be faster if we flew there and delivered them personally.
    I can't contact the post office because all they'll say is that they can't do anything about it blablabla.
    Sorry for the rant..
    Does anyone else find this weird?

My SO and I have the same problem.

Our packages used to take 1 week, then 1 1/2 weeks and now it's up to 2 weeks - if we're lucky.

It's really frustrating.

Comment

My so sent my birthday package and i never even recieved it. He had to rebuy it all and gave it to me when we next saw each other. Its so annoying, i know having a birthday right near xmas isnt the best thing as you have the whole christmas rush going on but to not recieve it at all. Its just not on.

Comment

When Garnet and I were LD, we found that mail 95% of the time took a minimum of a week to arrive, and usually closer to over a month. Some letters we thought were lost in the mail, and then it arrived and it was like, oh, damn it just took forever to get here. We found that the US --> Can mail was faster than the Can --> US, but both still took way way long. It sucks majorly.

Comment

It varies a lot for us two and it's only one border.
          Sometimes packages or letters arrive after only 2-3 days and sometimes it's up to two weeks.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Try and be patient They are doing the best they can with an incredible amount of mail!

Comment

Well, we haven't sent too much in the mail, but it never takes too long. We're both spoiled though, as we always opt for the expensive shipping so it gets there quickly. I did that for her birthday, and it ended up being like $24 to send her package overnight. I think it was worth it! =D

I'm sorry your mail is taking forever =[

Comment

humm.. it happens to me sometimes. Between Indonesia and Germany usually it take less than 2 weeks, but at the end of the year or near valentine it took almost 3 weeks. I think if you want something precise you should pay more like.. overnight package?

And also. sometimes its faster for him to send something to Indonesia from Germany rather than i send something for him to Germany. I think it depends if its busy week like if there's certain event it could be late.... you could track the letter tho.

..be patience thats why they call it snail mail i guess....

Comment

That would be so frustrating!! Me and SO can send each other things and receive it at 3 days, and 3 days feels like forever! Hopefully the stupid post office will work something out.

Comment

Working...
                  X