Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a watch for his birthday/LDR Engraving ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a watch for his birthday/LDR Engraving ideas?

My SO's birthday is at the end of this month & as it turns out, the only thing he really wants is a nice silver watch. This is where you all need to HELP ME!!

I'm completely lost. Does anyone know any brands that are good quality, yet somewhat affordable? I'm talking under $200. I've been looking online and my head is spinning.. these prices are insane!

In addition to that, I want to engrave it. I'm thinking underneath the face of the watch & I'd like to write something symbolic of us being long distance.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to write? It obviously can't be long, as there isn't too much room to spare. I'm thinking about 5-8 words?

Any thoughts/input would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

I think first you might want to figure out what he means by 'nice silver watch'. Does he mean a Rolex-esque watch, a casual watch with a bit of shine, what. Because chances are if you go looking for an actual silver watch, the price will be high and being on a budget, you're better off with a silver metal. You also need to take in the price of engraving as, depending where you go, they charge by the letter and it gets pricey quick. If he has a nickname you use, maybe a short quote, or even just a heart symbol. Simple, effective, cheap.

You could try looking in Pawn shops for a watch and talking with the owner/employee about what you're looking for, what your budget is, and they'll be able to help you. No shame in stuff like that because chances are if you went to a jewelry store you'd pay with your ovaries in a bag for a watch and they'll talk you into an obscure brand with doodads he won't use. It's really hard to say what a good brand of anything is because there are so many different opinions out there about the same product and you can't always tell who's paid to lay it on thick and who's being honest. As long as the sucker works, is durable and hopefully waterproof, it's a winner.

Comment

LMAO Ovaries in a bag.. Very funny, but unfortunately, you're right!! That really is great advice, thank you...

He said he wanted a sterling silver watch. I think I may have found one that is nice, but I'm still struggling with what to get engraved. Ugh!
      Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Have you looked into the fossil brand of watches? They have some really nice ones.

As far as engraving: maybe you can put "with love" and the date. Or a small saying that is symbolic to you (i.e. I love you to the moon and back, or I love you beyond time). And I found this website that has love quotes regarding time ... https://www.lovingyou.com/scripts/qu...s.php?cat=time

Comment

Ooh, H87 made a great suggestion! I like the idea of a small quote in reference to time for the watch. Cute AND meaningful!

Comment

What about something like... You make every minute worth remembering

Comment

I love Fossil brand watches I think that a small engraving like 'with love' or 'forever yours' would be super cute I wanted to get Brandon a watch for our anniversary but he told me he hated wearing them ;_; There goes my only idea, haha.

Comment

This is weird, I'm looking at watches for my SO to. :P I looked at fossil, but they seemed too heavy. I've heard men don't like heavy watches, but idk. I've been looking at Citizen eco drive, but if your searching online they are to expensive. The one I'm going with is called Skagen, they look like something my SO would like. They are also in your price range. I'm getting his engraved too, but I'm thinking of just putting our anniversary date since it's for our anniversary. =] Hope you find one you like!

Comment

Well, being the lame person I am, I'd go with a quote that ties into time passing and getting to see each other again, like: "Each minute brings us closer" but cooler.
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by H87 View Post
                    Have you looked into the fossil brand of watches? They have some really nice ones.

As far as engraving: maybe you can put "with love" and the date. Or a small saying that is symbolic to you (i.e. I love you to the moon and back, or I love you beyond time). And I found this website that has love quotes regarding time ... https://www.lovingyou.com/scripts/qu...s.php?cat=time

ooo that is a great site. Thanks!
                    Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by KatyCakes10 View Post
                      This is weird, I'm looking at watches for my SO to. :P I looked at fossil, but they seemed too heavy. I've heard men don't like heavy watches, but idk. I've been looking at Citizen eco drive, but if your searching online they are to expensive. The one I'm going with is called Skagen, they look like something my SO would like. They are also in your price range. I'm getting his engraved too, but I'm thinking of just putting our anniversary date since it's for our anniversary. =] Hope you find one you like!
                      Yes I have been looking at Fossil.. They have really nice watches that are decently priced... I also looked into Citizen but the prices were CRAZY expensive. I'm sure I will end up going with Fossil..

As for the engraving, I'm still confused! I'm thinking maybe I will just put our anniversary on it? I still want to try to figure out something witty and short enough to engrave that includes symbolizes long distance!
                      Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Working...
                      X