• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Give me advice!

Thanks for the advice!
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

i wouldnt worry too much if they dont know that he is coming for a month and a half. he apparently doesnt tell them much. i think at some point he should tell them, you have already been together for two years, when does he plan on bringing you up? i would tell him that you would like to meet his family, since he has met yours. i hope your visit with him is great.

Comment

If they're not close and he doesn't keep in regular contact with his family, there's no reason he should tell them who he's dating as chances are they won't care. My boyfriend hasn't told his mother about me, but he hates his mother and doesn't keep in contact with her. I think the last time he spoke to her was July when she was in the hospital and even then all they did was fight due to her stupidity and other issues. It doesn't bother me because really I don't see what difference it makes. Now if he were close to his family like I am, I'd be bothered. Funny thing is even as close as I am to my family, half of them don't know about my boyfriend, but that's another story entirely.

Fact of the matter is, it's his decision to tell them or not. It's not like he's hiding you from them, I imagine if the time came where you met them he'd say "this is my girlfriend". And no offense but it sounds like your family influenced your opinion on the whole him not telling his family thing, which I don't really think that's fair because it wasn't your 'decision' alone. Kinda like you got peer pressured into thinking about it.

Comment

Thanks guys. I do go back and forth, its more my mom and sister. I've talked to one of his close friends, and he's open with me and expresses his love. So i get his side, but when my parents make good points it makes me understand their views too, but i think i'll just wait till i meet them in person
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

The other thing to consider is if he's dating you and not close to his family, he may be like a lot of other people who aren't close to their family and doesn't want to introduce you until he's had a chance to meet you and seal the deal. Either having pictures of you or bringing you over to meet you once you're engaged may be how he does it. Some people just don't talk to their parents much.

From my own history, I can tell you that as an independent 26 year old woman, I've had several SOs I've never introduced to my parents. I only tell them once it's serious. I'm not close enough to my dad to feel like it's something he deserves to know, so I don't.

I really wouldn't be too fussed by it unless he refuses to ever introduce you once things get more serious. That's when it's a sign of an issue.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
          X