how far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how far?

how many miles away are you from your SO?
    and how is it working out?
    how often do you see each other in person?

11,500 miles for my SO and I.

We see each other once a year.

It's really hard. Especially lately.

Comment

I live in London, he lives in Texas.. Think its like 5,000 miles..
      Weve met once so far.. & that was 1 month after we met online!
      But hes deploying to Kuwait (for 2weeks) then Afghanistan so if he gets his 2weeks leave he'll be coming to London before the summer.. If not ill be going to Texas when he gets back.. Hopefully before August .. Its going really good & i love being in a LDR!
      ♥ Sarah Louiise ♥

Comment

About 65, Its not a lot compared to most people on this site but its still far enough away for me to hardly see him. Both of us are finding it really hard to get money to see each other.
        Its working out very well, once I have the money I'm going to move down there.
        I see him about once a month, Next time I see him will be in 3 weeks.

Comment

how many miles away are you from your SO? 670 miles. (a 10 hour drive or a 1.5 hour flight)
          and how is it working out? It's going pretty good, considering we live 10 hours away from one another. I am not currently working, so I have more free time to travel. If I was working, I think it would be harder.
          how often do you see each other in person? We usually average about every 3 weeks. The shortest we have went is 9 days and the longest we have went is 5 weeks without seeing one another. I am spoiled this time because I just left him on the 6th and I am going to see him again on the 16th.

Comment

Just over 4,000 miles (I'm in England,he's in Canada)
            We are doing great, We have a really close relationship which makes the distance bareable.
            We haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet (we met online) but hopefully he'll be visiting me in the summer.
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

8447 miles, and an 18 hour flight..... It wouldn't seem so bad but for the flight time. I hate flying. :'( He's in San Francisco and I'm in Singapore.

Our LDR is only short term, for now, since I'm going to college in the USA... But a study abroad semester, and my parents insisting I come home for a month is making that 6 months apart. I'm not used to this LDR at all, and plus I'm on holiday so it's a bit difficult finding something to occupy my time when I need it. I have a friend visiting as well and even though I try to do things with her there are some times I want some alone time to catch the SO online and that's a huge frustration for me right now. Argh.

Comment

2,100 miles (I'm in US, he's in Nicaragua)
                I left there in January and it looks like my first visit will be in June
                I'm hoping to be able to visit him at least once every 5 months.

Comment

Around 5,300. Means it takes pretty much 24 hours to get there. Since there's no direct flight and often have to transfer twice.

For us, it's actually not the distance which is the biggest problem, it's his work. Since they change his vacations last minute and such, making things complicated. We do our best though. Trying to see each other when it's possible.
                  It's because of him it's working out though, since he's the one with a job and I'm a university student. So he is always the one paying for the flight tickets. Whether it's the flight tickets for him to come to Denmark, or flight tickets for me to come to Japan.

Depends, depends. Think we in average see each other every 6-9 weeks. Around 5-6 times a year. (for 2-4 weeks at the time.)

Comment

I's just under 1.000km, so about 620m?
                    *edit: forgot about this: It's about a 2h plane ride or 11-12 hours by train/car and about 16 by bus. And yes, we've used all of those transportations at one point. We could totally open a travel agency once we're through with this.
                    Like Micah we see each other every 3 to every 2 weeks.
                    The longest was one month, right after we first become long distance and the shortest probably a few days.

When I come back from my looong visit in April it will only be two days until he comes to visit me.
                    Last edited by Dziubka; March 12, 2011, 10:59 AM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                      11,500 miles for my SO and I.

We see each other once a year.

It's really hard. Especially lately.
                      It might not be easy but it will be worth it ♥

We were 1200 miles apart

We closed the distance 3 months ago. It was unbelievably hard sometimes but we did it cause we love each other ♥

how often do you see each other in person
                      Everyday now lol. But before that usually 3-4 times a year

Comment

My SO and I are about 1,342 miles apart. I'm from Iowa, and he lives in Georgia. We have yet to meet in person, but hopefully we will next year. <3 And once we do meet, I have no idea how many times we will a year. We'll just have to see how everything works out.

Comment

Unlike a lot of other people on this site, I am only 180 miles from my boyfriend. It's not that far, but it's still far enough where it's hard to see eachother often. We usually see each other every 3 weeks, but with money issues right now, i haven't seen him in a month, and he is hopefully coming down next weekend, but it's not set in stone yet We are doing great, it's just hard.

Comment

I'm about 4500 miles away from my SO

It's working well since we talk to each other mostly everyday on Skype, MSN and Facebook.

We visit each other 2 times a year. Hopefully we can close the distance in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by imtotallyunique View Post
                              4700 by air.

Great, texting keeps us in touch!

We've been together not quite 6 months and seen each other twice. We started talking last night about our next trip...Texas maybe?

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Working...
                              X