No announcement yet.

how far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many miles away are you from your SO?
    203. a 4 and a half hour drive.
    we both live in Pennsylvania but on different corners of the state.

and how is it working out?
    fantastic, actually.

how often do you see each other in person?
    we didn't see eachother the first time until we'd been together for eight months!
    but now we get to see eachother every month or every other month. we're very lucky to have super supportive parents who help us see eachother

Comment

1,423.21 miles - about a 24 hour road trip, which I will never, ever take. I always fly to maximize my time with him

I hate the distance. I'm not very good at it at all, but I do my best. He takes it much better than I do as his philosophy is that right now we can't change things. so when one or both of us are in the position to do so, then he will stress out about it. But, I'm in love and want to do whatever I can to make it work this time.

We initially agreed to a set visitation schedule, which we've already broken. We've seen each other 3 times since we got together in June, about to see each other for the 4th time, but then that might be it until October. We are both single parents and kind of have to work around of kids schedules and our work vacation schedules.

Comment

We are about 4581 miles from each other. He lives in England, I live in Canada.

We have only met once after about a year of talking online and planning our next trip for late August, hopefully for a month this time! so I guess once a year... Our biggest thing that keeps us from visiting more is finances!

But he's so worth it and its usually bearable because we can video chat pretty much every day! It just gets frustrating not being able to hold him or be held by him but we do our best because we love each other.

Comment

About 250....living on different sides of the state of New York.

It's actually working out pretty well...I do believe that the love is as strong, if not stronger, as the first day we met.

We try for every month, but it depends on the situation that month...we do try to get together if its been too long since we've seen each other, though.
          National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

4,639 a loooong plane ride

I think its working out great Ill be with him for almost 3 weeks starting On may 23rd, its our first time meeting after dating on and off for almost 2 years ^-^ I can't wait!!

We wont even see each other for te first time until late may :c plane tickets are expensive
            "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
            Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

0.2 miles. That's 3 minutes on foot! D:

It can be rough ;_;

About 4 or 5 times a week.

I couldn't help it :P. We were at 300 miles when we were long distance, Vegas to Long Beach. We were between 6-8 hours by car because traffic can suck between these places XP. We got to see each other once a month or once every other month. Longest was 3 months because of lack of monies. It was rough at times, but we could do it. We were a very lazy long distance relationship. We're men, we're low maintenance ;D.

Comment

1,722 miles

Very well actually, it just really sucks that I can't be with him.

Umm, we haven't met yet.... ;_; We are meeting/closing the distance in june.

First Met Online: May 08
                Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Right now, 0.0018 miles away x)

When we were LD it was around 1110 though. Not as many as some other but I'm sure just as hard as the +10,000 mile LDR's. Fortunately my workplace/boss in England was pretty good and let me have more time off than I should've been allowed really, but I think that's due to how many shifts I covered when other's were ill and when it got busy ect
                  I guess on average we saw each other something around every 4 months for anything between 5-12 days at a time.

It obviously worked out pretty well

Comment

How many miles away are you from your SO?
                    Around 9,000 miles and I hate it.

And how is it working out?
                    Sometimes, it could be heartbreaking, but we're getting closer and stronger with each passing day. No matter how much it hurts, I will keep on going because I love him. <3

How often do you see each other in person?

I saw him twice last year. Have no idea about this year though.
                    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                    a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                    which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                    - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                    regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                    The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                    - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

We are 300 miles apart, a five hour drive.

Its been going okay, we have been together a long time, so no doubt we are in it for the long haul. He handles it much better than I do.

I would say we are lucky, we see each other every 2 or three weeks for a weekend. He is living with me temporarily over the summer in May, and then next May we can close the distance forever.

Comment

My SO and I are 16,271 miles apart (according to googlemaps). I am in the US and he is in Sydney, Australia for now.
                        Our relationship is so great. Sometimes better than when we weren't so far apart (we dated almost 1.5 years before he left, he is abroad for a semester). You really learn to appreciate them when they aren't within reach. We see each other almost everyday via video chat, but I won't see him in person until the end of July... and he's been gone since Dec 22

Comment

5,000 miles, give or take a couple hundred. He's in South Carolina and I'm in Germany. I'll get to see him twice for a week each time this year before I move back to the states.
                          It was okay in the beginning because we could talk more. Now he's working a different schedule and we can't talk as much now.

Comment

My S/O and I live 603 miles apart.

Things are going very well.

We met for the first time this weekend. I am hoping to see him in May and we are going to meet up in Vegas some time this summer. I cannot wait. I miss him like crazy.
                            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

2,000 miles apart
                              We handle it pretty well and see each other every 2-4 months

Comment

We are 3533 kilometers (2195 miles) apart. Right now we see eachother once every two months, but after this next visit it'll probably be 4 months, and I'm not sure after that.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                                -- Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X