Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obviously, I miss her: An Observation of Long-Distance Love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, I miss her: An Observation of Long-Distance Love.

I know its sort of obvious that I miss her; I mean, thats why we all joined LFAD. We live almost everyday without the person we can't live without. And everyday I wake up on my couch, and roll over to see no one except the occasional palmetto bug. In a long distance relationship, its amazing people can even make it. All the elements needed for fighting and argument are abundantly available:
    1. Stress
    2. Lack of Interaction
    3. Miscommunication
    4. Trust; rather, if there is a lack-of.
    5. Uncertainty
    6. Waves of Depression
    7. Self-inadequacy
    And many more which will probably come to me the moment I finish posting this. Yet, we all continue and go through with it. Day, after day, after day, after each excruciatingly long, lonely day. It sort of makes me think of baby sea turtles. All the odds are against them, as they begin their journey. Nearly all baby sea turtles hatch, and most are able to escape from beneath the sand, but once they are out in the open, only about 3 or 4 of the starting 500 actually succeed, and sometimes they are not even that lucky. Actually, the key reason Sea Turtles are considered "Critically Endangered" is because most of them don't survive the first stretch, before even reaching the ocean. And then once they do reach the ocean, there are even more predators waiting to take advantage of the fragile and week baby sea turtle. Yet, once the sea turtle reaches maturity and it can use its tough exterior and years of experience to shield it from peril, and as result can end up living longer than almost any other animal on Earth.
    All of this applies to Long Distance Relationships. Most long distance relationships don't even begin because people fear the distance, similar to the 98% of Sea Turtles that don't make it past the sand. From there, few Long Distance relationships are able to survive the first 6 months, because of a lack of trust. Yet, those of us that survive this journey, and are able to nourish the relationship, end up outliving most local relationships by two-fold. A salute to all of you who have made it.

My Luna and I have been swimming for the past year, and are closing the distance this Summer. Nothing has been more difficult. I have dealt with countless deaths, betrayals, lies, and numerous other obstacles, yet nothing can compare to having your own heart dangled in just out of reach and only being able to feel your blood in you for a few days out of the year. I cannot bleed without her, I cannot breathe without her, and I cannot live without her, yet I continue to reach for it everyday.

As a closing statement, I make a solemn promise with which I carry the heaviest burden from all the times I have failed to be able to hold her and be there for her when she needed it most. I promise, that once this distance is closed, I will never leave you, and I will always:
    1. Hold you
    2. Kiss you
    3. Hug you
    4. Talk to you
    5. Cherish you
    6. Worship you
    7. Be honest with you
    8. Trust you
    9. Warm you
    10. Be there for you
    11. Love you
    And everything else which I may have forgotten, but is still just as important, whether listed or not. I can't stand not being close to you, but I continue you to love you more each day. The best thing I can do for you while we are apart is to not only show you I love you when you are mad at me, or are sad, but rather show you how much I love you when you least expect it. It shows that love is unconditional, and it shows that I never do stop thinking about you. I swear to always be honest, and to always trust you when you ask me to. I love you, and nothing will ever change that, not even the distance between us.

Until the next rising, Luna,
    I'll be waiting, until we can
    Share the sky again.

-Sol

Beautiful!!!

Comment

Brilliant post! This made me smile and really is true. You covered every part of the LDR perfectly! Thanks for sharing! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

aww! I can honestly say I've never seen a more poignant description of the struggle of keeping a long distance relationship alive ^^ I'm glad to hear y'all will be closing the distance. Good luck to you and happy to have you around.

Comment

Thanks. It's just one of those days where it would be really nice to hold her hand.

Comment

Made me cry.
            This is the kind of words I really hope to hear some day with every single meaning in them

Comment

Originally posted by tissa View Post
              Made me cry.
              This is the kind of words I really hope to hear some day with every single meaning in them
              Don't trust words. Many people take advantage of others through trust, and words are so easily created. Liars thrive on people's ability to trust words. Actions on the other hand, require dedication and energy, yet actors can turn actions into lies, so not every action is true. Only when the repeated combination of both actions and words leave you without any reasonable doubt, Only then can you trust something to be true. A quote to always keep at heart is,
              "Believe none of what you hear; Believe only half of what you see."
              "Belive none of

Comment

you're cute, Sol. I miss you too

Comment

Thanks xD

Comment

That's a beautiful post. Your list almost made me become teary eyed.

Comment

Wow, wonderfully said.
                      ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Comment

That is so incredibly touching and so completely true. From now on I'm sure I will look at baby sea turtles completely different!

Comment

Originally posted by H87 View Post
                          That is so incredibly touching and so completely true. From now on I'm sure I will look at baby sea turtles completely different!
                          Haha, not exactly what I intended by this, but thanks, I guess!

Comment

Beautifully written!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jjbabixo View Post
                              Beautifully written!!!!!!!
                              Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X