Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who have read the 5 languages of love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who have read the 5 languages of love...

what specifically did you get out of it? I haven't read it yet, but have seen great reviews for it, and am planning on picking it up. I also saw they have a Spanish edition which is cool...if I like it, I'd like to give the Spanish ed. to my SO (he's not too into books like this, but said he'd read it if I make him haha...)

I love that book. My SO and I gleaned quite a few tips from it, including the ability to identify each other's "love languages" and ways we can express love to each other so that we're "speaking each other's language." Highly recommend.
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

LOVE that book! The author has a lot of really applicable points. My SO and I have both read it and learned a lot about ourselves and each other, especially how to love each other more effectively. I highly recommend this book! They have a bunch of different versions too!

Comment

Is it really that recommended and a really good read? I'm thinking of buying this soon...is it worth it?

Comment

I read this book, and my SO didn't read the book but did the quiz (I bought an ebook so I couldn't exactly lend it to him). It hasn't really changed the way we communicate, because we already make use of all of the languages. That said, I think it could really improve my relationships with my friends and family. I'm intending to reread the book this summer when things have calmed down and work on forming more secure relationships with people who are close to me.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
          -- Anonymous

Comment

I haven't read it but I have taken the long quiz thing. Found out that my very very dominant love language is the physical touch, which, being in an LDR, I don't get enough of. ): My boyfriend did it too, but I don't remember what his was. I'll probably read the book at some point. (:

Comment

Haven't read it but at the start of my relationship when things were rocky my best friend suggested this (she'd just read it for school for some reason or another) and I've been interested ever since. For some reason I really like reading "How To" and "Self Help" type of books even if they don't even pertain to me so I've been looking into good relationship books that are actually WORTH it and this is pretty much the only one that I continually get a lot of good reviews on. Would love to hear more opinions as well though.

Comment

read it in Russian a while ago. Liked it a lot. Helps to understand better what kind of love you are craving and helps to see what kind of love other people craving, coz apparently all of us have different needs and we express love differently

Comment

I just finished reading this, amazing book. I enjoy reading self help books and psychology books, personal growth is important to me. I learned so much and actually really enjoyed reading the book ( some of it is actually quite funny ) and I look forward to sharing all that I've learned with my SO. I think this book is something every couple should read, as if it is a major staple of how to get the most out of your life together.

Comment

i did the test on this page: https://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-5-love-languages-test

and my results were:
                    Your result for The 5 Love Languages Test ...
                    Face-to-Face Love
                    7 QualityTime, 7 WordsOfAffirmation, 6 Gifts, 4 ActsOfService and 6 PhysicalTouch!
                    Whichever category you scored the highest in is your primary love language. If there is a tie for the highest score (or very close to one), you are "bilingual" and have two primary love languages. This means that borth expressions of love are important to you. The highest score possible is 12 points in any category. Knowing your primary love language can help you communicate to others what you need from them in order to feel loved. Knowing others' primary love language will help you make sure the important people in your life know you love them in return.
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

i did the test on this page: https://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-5-love-languages-test

and my results were:
                      Your result for The 5 Love Languages Test ...
                      Face-to-Face Love
                      7 QualityTime, 7 WordsOfAffirmation, 6 Gifts, 4 ActsOfService and 6 PhysicalTouch!
                      Whichever category you scored the highest in is your primary love language. If there is a tie for the highest score (or very close to one), you are "bilingual" and have two primary love languages. This means that borth expressions of love are important to you. The highest score possible is 12 points in any category. Knowing your primary love language can help you communicate to others what you need from them in order to feel loved. Knowing others' primary love language will help you make sure the important people in your life know you love them in return.
                      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Working...
                      X