counting down, as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

counting down, as well

I have been in a Close Distance Relationship (that's what a CDR is, right?) with my simply amazing girlfriend, Julia, for nearly 4 months and have been loving every single moment of it. She is a senior, preparing for the college life, while i am a sophomore, just barely getting a grasp on my "adult" life. In past relationships, I have always strived to make things work, but they have all turned out to either lose interest in me or break me on the inside, usually lasting for less than 3 months. My relationship with Julia feels like it was a match made in heaven; our compatability is natural and uncompromising, our interests and beliefs match like conjoined turtles , and we are benificial to eachother - not one being a parasite latched onto the other, destined to suck away their host's happiness. She loves me like no one has ever loved me before, and i found true love in her from the day i met her.

Speaking of which, let me give you a little run-down on our little story. In May of 2008, as a lowly 8th-grader, i walked into my high school's band room for a Marching Band Pre-Camp. All alone and scared out of my shorts, i walked in slowly with my pair of drumsticks and sat in the corner full of Music Stands. A few minutes passed when a girl with brown, curly hair and a spring in her step walked over to me and said "Hey! I'm Julia, the Percussion Captian of the Marching Band!" After that, she showed me around and introduced me to the whole band, who shortly became my first true group of friends. Practices continued into the summer months and as the temperatures got hotter and the days got longer, Julia and I bonded closer and closer and became best friends in a heartbeat. At the time, i did feel somthing inside me screaming "hey man! Julia is amazing!! ... and darnet, you love her already!"... however, she was in a relationship with someone else, and my feelings went unanswered. Several months passed, and my feelings were put on the back-burner (unintentionally) as i got into two other relationships that ended up breaking my self-esteem and sucking the happiness out of my life. She went through a lot of pain after her boyfriend broke up with her - it nearly destroyed her heart past repair. However, i offered to help put those pieces back together, and we became even closer than we were before.

Despite what our hearts felt for eachother, her mind, still shocked from the previous break-up, always fought against her heart by saying that she should stay single until she moves out to Minnesota for her college career. She had the full intention, in her mind, to stay single through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and even Prom. On November 19th, 2009, i asked Julia to be my girlfriend. Ever since that day, she has been extremely happy with her life and where it is heading. Instead of starting out a whole new life without any of her previous aqquaintences in Minnesota as a Psychology major, she is chasing her dream as a Music Education major at ECU, and still in contact with those who care for her.

Each night i think about what life will be like after she moves in at ECU, and it is always hard to imagine. I know it will be hard and i know that communication is key to keep this relationship as happy as it is now. I am going to do everything i can to help keep this amazing bond together through the next two years while we are apart and through the rest of my life while we are by eachother's sides again.

Two years is a long time to wait to meet with your Significant Other on a daily basis again, but i KNOW Julia is worth the wait. I love her with all of my heart, and i want to be with her forever. I am open to any and all advice on how to keep our relationship together, because i know it will NOT be an easy feat, but i am willing to go to the ends of the universe to live my life with her. Thanks for the help, all!

Welcome! I'm sure this site will help you in your transition to long distance. It sounds like you have something really great with your girlfriend!

Comment

Hello :'D. Let me give you an example that might help put things into prospective. Before I met my boyfriend, my longest relationship was only one month. I've been with this dork over a year and a half. There have been people on here together much longer. Don't let the past discourage you. You two have good chances of working it out basing on what you've told us. Just think back to your past relationships. Learn what you did right and wrong in those, and take that experience into this one. Good luck.

Comment

Cute story! You two seem like a perfect match! I'm sure you can stick together for 2 years, at least it sounds like it!

Heehee, it's so nice to see people threads like these.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the advice and awesome self-esteem boosts I'm really happy i joined this site... there are so many people geared towards seeing the good things in our relationship and not looking to point out the bad (if there are any bad things X3).

P.S: you guys also confirm Julia and I's beliefs about how to tackle the next two years and beyond! Thanks again!

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X