Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending a package to the US

Hey all!

So, I'm planning my first package to my SO in the US, basically some Danish candy and chocolate and perhaps a mix CD, when I started to think if there were any sorts of regulations as to what you could and could not send, since I know the US customs can be a bit of a handful sometimes. Obviously, I know to stay away from vegetables and stuff like that, but what about candy? Anyone had any experiences with this?

Candy is fine I just sent my SO in the US 2 chocolate bars, they got there fine I've sent a USB stick too, so the cd should be fine.

Meat and veggies and dangerous chemicals/ illegal substances- a lot of stuff you obviously wouldn't send is not allowed.

EDIT: they always make you put what is in the package on a customs form anyway, so I think the post office would know if you weren't allowed to send it or not.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

just list everything appropriately on the customs form just put packaged chocolates I want a package! Im a little jelly right now!! haha.

Comment

Yeah candies and things are absolutly fine. I send my SO care packages with about 10 mix CDs and loads of candy from the UK and they're totally fine.

Only problem I ever had was a REALLY heavy package that took over a month to get there and arrived smashed to bits. Grr stupid postal service. Make sure everythings packaged really well because sometimes they really dont give a shit!
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Basically what everyone else said, but also don't send any sort of liquids. They're not allowed.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

also if you can buy the kinder surprises/kinder eggs they are banned in the US so do not under any circumstance send him any of those, they will get taken away.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
              also if you can buy the kinder surprises/kinder eggs they are banned in the US so do not under any circumstance send him any of those, they will get taken away.
              Really? Thats so interesting! You would think with all the x-ray machines and such they could see through a bit of chocolate and plastic if anything was hidden in there!
              Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
                Really? Thats so interesting! You would think with all the x-ray machines and such they could see through a bit of chocolate and plastic if anything was hidden in there!
                Yep, except that's not the reason why they are banned in the US though, they are banned in the US because the toy's pose a choking hazard for small kids even with the warning on the label it still happened.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                X