Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever passed up a chance to be with your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever passed up a chance to be with your SO?

This week is Sol's spring break, and we cant see each other because I was sick for the past 4 weeks (I had a major surgery 5 weeks ago) and didn't want to see anyone. When I came to my seances, it was too late to make plans. I blew it and I'm sitting alone now because of it.

I just want to know if anyone else has ever, or ever had a similar situation.

Several, in fact.

When my SO and I first began dating, he offered to pay for my visit to see him, he even offered to help me with the hotel. I said no because I was suffering from awful self esteem and I was scared that if he saw me full-body (I'm overweight) he'd leave me. Couple months later he tried again with the added offer of getting me a job, but I turned him down for the same reason. I honestly regret doing that because it was the most ideal time, he wasn't working as much as he is now and actually would have had the luxury to take off more than just 3 days.

It happens and though it sucks now, I always try to remind myself that it's not like it's the last opportunity that will ever present itself. It's just a matter of hoping the next time one comes around you're ready to grab it by the shirttail and go.

Comment

I haven't had any of these moments yet, I have never passed up a time to see him. But who knows what will come up in the future if I'm sick or something

Comment

I don't think I ever have. I don't even do it now we're living together o.O
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I wish I even had the opportunities to pass up. When we started to plan our first ever meeting back when my boy used to work for Disney World I admit I was highly considering post poning the trip because I was so damn nervous (not to mention Disney World is damn expensive even with an employee discount). However, that trip was cancelled not becauseof my own decision but since some personal issues cropped up and he went back home. The sting of having that chance wrenched away from me so suddenly stuck with me and since we rarely see one another I'm sure it would have to be somethng dire for me to cancel plans with him.

Comment

Yes...I was to be in Hawaii with The Boy for the NFL Pro Bowl back in January. Unfortunately finances did not allow. I would have had to buy my ticket 3 weeks before Christmas and my family still had no Christmas presents.

I may not be able to travel with him this summer either, depending on what internship I get this summer. Which is why I am looking at going in September for his birthday.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Yes. I'm going on vacation with my family next month instead of visiting my girlfriend.

Comment

Not as yet, and I truly hope it won't ever.

I fight tooth and nail to be able to see him. My last employment was donated plane tickets that we couldn't use and my manager said I could have them if they could change the name. Unfortunatly they couldn't and I didn't get to go, but that wouldve been an added extra visit.
                Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

In the middle of the same thing right now. I'm on spring break, but because of a problem with his mortgage (he's been in foreclosure for two years), he hasn't wanted me down there until it's resolved, and he can't really leave his area either to visit me. Last opportunity we had to be together was two years ago on my spring break, but even then the problems with the mortgage started right after that. Maybe one day I'll finally get a chance to see him again.

Comment

Kind of. We planned our second visit, but got the dates mixed up so I had three days to figure out a flight and all that. I just couldn't do it and I was stressed the hell out.

Comment

Yes, pretty much every couple months for our whole first year together. Like LadyMarchHare, I was suffering from awful self-esteem. But now...I wouldn't pass up a chance to see him! Even though I feel like I should since we both need to save money...

Comment

In a word... NO.
                        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                          I don't think I ever have. I don't even do it now we're living together o.O
                          Same. I don't think I even passed up online dates lol.

Comment

Nope. I'm too stubborn for that. The less likely it is that it's a good idea, the more likely I am to make sure it happens XD Not money, weather, school or anything else has made us miss a visit. And I intend to keep it that way, he is my biggest priority and comes before anything else.

Comment

Given that I have to lie BIG TIME to get off a visit this year at all...I MAY end up not being able to, if I don't get the guts to lie in this way or the skill to make it believable. But otherwise, I have both woken up early and stayed up late to talk to him, cut short and rescheduled workouts and study sessions. I basically make sure my weekly schedule is as good for talking as possible, try to do assignments early, and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X