Biometric Interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biometric Interview.

I've just applied for my visa to work and live over in the UK with my SO for 2 yrs. I've got my Biometric tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. Does anyone really know what happens in these interviews? I heard they're not even an interview and it doesn't take long. Apparently it's just going in and getting your name called and your fingerprints scanned. I just get really nervous about these things.

I don't know anything about it, but I just wanted to say good luck! <3

Comment

Im going for the same thing next tuesday! Make sure you bring ALL your documents cause they will send your application from there. Also make sure you have photo copies of everything plus the original copies of the bank statements. My friend jus did it and she said it was pretty easy.

Comment

Oh thanks! Yeah I'm going to the post office to get some passport photos taken- bleh i look so bad in them xP I wasn't sure if they take your photo there? I'll have a bank statement to go along with my passport and photo with the docs. I just hope that will be enough- I was actually thinking of sending my birth cert but then realised they want originals and I cant risk losing it. So I hope with what I have they'll accept it. I had to book my flight back with my SO asap because the booking was getting full and I needed the seat. So I'm hoping the visa will be completed and returned to me in good time. I leave in June. Also I guess I need my self-address pre-paid envelope to go with my forms right?

Comment

They won't take pics there you will need them before head. If you have time to get a letter from the bank on offical letter head that will help too. You don't need your birth cerf but could send a photo copy if you want. I haven't read anything about a self addressed envelope they will probably send it back by a courier cause its your passport so they want to make sure you get it and will not send it though regular mail.https://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources...rtdocstier5yms

I am going in june as well. Where will you be staying?

Comment

Hmm well they say i need a self addressed pre-paid envelope so I went to the post office and got my photos taken and I didn't know you can actually buy a pre-paid envelope so I had bought a packet of envelopes So hopefully I can post this off myself because I now have no pre-paid envelope to go along to Brisbane with. I'm sure they will let me post it myself. They did say that it'd cause delay from them asking for a pre-paid envelope from me if I don't have it with the forms when I send it. Lazy I reckon.

I'll be staying with my boyfriend and his folks in Worthing (bottom of England near Brighton)

Comment

It's easy from what I understand, like you said. Just relax, and remember that waiting in line for all government stuff is boring.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Just call them and confirm, it'll make things easier.

Comment

Welp I was so nervous this morning but it was sooooo easy! He was a nice british man and kept calling me "pet" :P He just asked me for my form and passport then I did my fingerprints- I was so nervous my hands were sweaty haha so had to re-do the left hand. Then he took my photo and stamped my online application form and that was it Too easy! I sent my forms and passport off and so now it's the wait. I really hope I get it!!

Comment

Hooray! See, all that nervousness for nothing, hehe!

Comment

heheh thanks God your papers done! and its not as bad as you thought! happy!

Comment

Working...
                      X