Just Got Home From My Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Got Home From My Visit

I'm home from a fantastic weekend with my boyfriend visiting him up at school. I can't believe how fast the weekend went and I'm missing him so badly already. We had our first (real) kiss when we said goodbye and this was the first weekend we had spent together. His school is awesome and I met his floormates, who were pretty cool too. He'll be home in almost 2 months for summer, when we'll temporarily close the distance, but it's so far away. I just feel really sad and like crap right now. I'm trying to think about the amazing weekend we spent together to get me through, but it's only working temporarily. I'll randomly burst out crying periodically, and it sucks. I don't know how I'll be able to focus tomorrow...I am going back to school (I was on spring break all week) and I have to sit through 7 hours of classes, while all I want to do is be home and cry. (Well, I'd much rather be in my boyfriend's arms, but that's not possible) =[

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

When I first started reading this, I was smiling and happy, and as I read more, I actually started frowning. I'm sorry you're feeling alone. But that's awesome that ya'll had ya'lls first real kiss and got to spend a whole weekend together! And yayyy for temporarily closing the distance!
    Last edited by heatherotic; March 20, 2011, 09:17 PM. Reason: I was trying to be smarter than I am. Lol.

Comment

*hugs* I'm glad you had a good visit! Try to stay positive You can do it!

Comment

Aww I'm so glad your visit went really well! try to keep your chin up, I know it's hard sometimes. Maybe engage yourself in a really good book or something to keep your mind off missing him.

Comment

I JUST had almost this exact scenario. I finally started a blog counting down the days and writing poems and such with my feelings to vent, and it has really helped. But I definitely know what it feels like to feel suddenly so lost without your SO after such a great but short time together Find a way to get the emotions out and remember that you feel this way because it's love.
          ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Comment

Glad to hear that you guys had a great time! (:
            Yeah, it can be hard to adjust back to the distance after being with your SO, but if you keep yourself busy enough and start planning for the next visit, eventually the gut-wrenching feeling will ease up and you'll start to appreciate the time you do get to spend with your SO on the phone/webcam more. (:

Comment

Congrats on your first kiss. Stay strong, hun.

Comment

*hugs* I know how hard the goodbyes are. I hope you're able to have a good cry or two, then spend some time being able to focus on the positive of what's coming towards you.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

the post-visit blues are terrible aren't they? *hugs* have a good cry, is my advice, it's easier to look back at the awesomeness and smile after you've had a good cry. It's not fair, all these good-byes, it really isn't, but we must pick ourselves up and soldier on; they're worth it in the end I'm glad you had a great weekend, and congrats on your first visit

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you guys so much! I think I was kinda unclear lol. This was my first time visiting him at school...we actually grew up together, have been best friends for 12 years, and when he's home, he lives in the same town as me. He comes home for breaks one in awhile, but this was the first I had seen his college. I'm doing better today. I cried a lot yesterday, and today I'm still pretty exhausted emotionally and physically. I had classes all day, which kept me pretty busy. AND we're closing the distance temporarily in 2 months from today, so that's a positive. =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

You go girl! No matter how many times you do it nor what the specifics are, it's hard to separate again! Even after all these years, I still cry a bit, wander around lost for an hour or two, and then invent a bunch of stuff to do so I don't have a chance to think about it for a day or two until I get back on track.
                      17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

Working...
                      X