Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to overstay your welcome with your spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we get grumpy with eachother sometimes. we see eachother sorta often comapred to most so maybe thats why. i have never thought about a little alone time though! totally gonna try that next time i go down

Comment

Agreed with Luce. I think our longest visit was 6 days and it was really a struggle for me. I wanted to be back home and I wanted to be able to do my own thing.

I never realized how many LDR marriages there are?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiP View Post
        I never realized how many LDR marriages there are?!?!?!
        Yes, there are lots of us, but we are often hard to find. That's why I so glad to have a site like this, sort of a central meeting place for all of us in LDRs!
        17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

I have not had this experiance, but maybe you should talk about it with him. While it might be uncomfortable it is better to get these thing out in the open to see if there is bigger problem.
          I have spent 40 days straight with my SO and we were both wanting more time together, but I can see where it can get tiresome being with someone for a long time, but I personally don't think 10 days is super long.
          Hope everything works out!
          sigpic

I Cry Cause I Miss You, Smile Cause I Have You, I Can't Live Without You!

Comment

Originally posted by vpavelock View Post
            When you spend too much time consecutively with one person (no matter who this is) it could be inevitable. As much as you love each other, when you're spending SO much time together, you run out of things to say, do, etc. I've already told my SO when we're married I'll need enough space to not start hating him lol.
            This is so totally true. Last Monday I came back from a week long visit with my SO. I was originally going to come home that Saturday, but I went to the airport and they asked for volunteers to be bumped from the flight for a $300 voucher plus a refund and free rescheduled flight. I took them up on the offer, but had to wait until Monday for my new flight. My SO and I had pretty much spent the entire previous week together except when she went to work. (I was on Spring Break from school so I didn't have to be anywhere.) She had planned to have some alone time with herself on that Sunday. We got a bit testy with each other and even got in a pretty good argument while trying to go to sleep because we didn't give each other space. We talked it out a got through it, and realized how important it is to have alone time too. Part of the problem in this situation is that when she came home from work I wanted to spend time with her because I was alone all day, but she needed some alone time to decompress from work.

The way to solve this problem is to give each other some time apart while visiting, and if problems do start to arise talk them out. Its definitely not a big issue unless you let it become one.

Comment

Working...
            X