Need More Hotel Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need More Hotel Information

I feel relieved that my SO has booked the hotel for our trip into Kansas City and found a good deal through Priceline (I will be visiting him primarily in his town, but Kansas City is about a two hour or so drive away and we will go there for two days and a night). However, he didn't say the name of the hotel, even when I was kind of leading the conversation for him to say more about it.

I'm sure he wants to save money and I fully get that (and maybe that's why he didn't tell me which one it was, because he felt a little embarrassed?), but I hope it isn't somewhere that is really sketchy for the sake of a really good price (i.e. unsafe, dirty, or in a smoking room which= no good for asthma). He likes pricey things usually (although he can also be thrifty), so I am hoping that he went with a middle of the road chain with a good reputation (I surely don't expect a luxury resort, but I have some basic specifications), as when I looked at Priceline, it seemed to have everything from sketch-mo to five star...and I guess I didn't have much of a say since he is paying and went ahead and booked it.

I guess another sneaky reason I wanted to know is that I wanted to look it up on the bed bug registry. Even the thought of bed bugs makes my skin crawl and I am very paranoid about them. I have never told him this and actually haven't told many people (because I felt too embarrassed...even though it was in no way my fault and it is actually quite pervasive in many places), but before I was in my final dorm apartment at university (the one he came to), I had to have a big blow-out (it was such a nightmare and they wouldn't even give me a proper vacuum with a nozzle to try and clean with at first and were really rude to me...and then I ended up having to chuck out some expensive bedding like quilts and such...the story goes on, but I will stop there) with university housing because I was put in two previous where I had bites all over my arms, mid-back, and legs from bed bugs in their mattresses! So disgusting and the bites were itchy and painful and took forever to go away!

Taking a weekend trip together and staying in a hotel will no doubt be a romantic excursion, but I would hate for our visit to be spoiled by the nasty, little critters (or to further have them hop a ride on my suitcase home with me). Any suggestions for how I could get the hotel info out of him without bringing up the ultra romance-killing topic of bed bugs?

(P.S., this was modified from my recent blog post, but I thought I would get more of a response on this if I put just one section of it in the forum).

I don't really know how you can get this info out of him, except to just flat out ask him. If you do find out, please post, I live about ten minutes from KC and have stayed in the good, the bad, and the ugly around here. Honestly nothing in KC has been TOO bad that I've experienced. The most disgusting motels seem to be in Lawrence. *shudder*

Comment

I'm near KC too- My SO booked us a room at an amazing hotel (Chateau Avalon). I was really surprised by it, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap (it was my belated birthday gift). You could ask him about what amenities are provided? That will give you an idea of what star-level the hotel has, at least. You could probably also ask him what area in KC you'll be staying (is in in Kansas or Missouri?). To get enough info to be able to check for bedbugs, I agree with Garnet that you'll have to ask him directly. Good luck!

Comment

The only way to know for sure about the bed bugs is to ask him directly, just said i would like to know how safe the hotel is from bed bugs and if they have a bed bug problem.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Tell him your family wants to know where they can reach you in case of emergency. My parents ALWAYS want to know where I'm staying, and how close it is to a hospital . Asking for a reason like that might make him slightly more likely to tell you, and you don't have to mention bedbugs.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
          -- Anonymous

Comment

I would just flat out ask him and tell him about how bed bugs bother you. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X