How does this make YOU feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
    I'm not too fussed, personally. I know too many people who've rushed to the altar and regretted it later. Right now I'm just happy that I'm closing the distance and going fulltime into my career next month.
    Congrats on both closing the distance and going full time into the career! Those are two very big accomplishments! I agree with you, in that I too know many people who rushed to the alter too quickly. My love and I have been together almost four and a half years, so I am I guess I am just getting the "lets get married" itch. I know everything due time. It is just very complicated when you and your significant other are in professional school - wherein he is required to study up to 12 hours a day, everyday. Makes it very difficult to work on the relationship. lol. I am keeping positive - as our LDR will be ending soon as well. Good luck with everything!!

Comment

Doesn't bother me really, I only get sad when I have to go out to eat with my family. It's my sister and her boyfriend, and my mum and dad. Me = 5th wheel sat at the head of the table, staring at the empty spot on the other end, which is HIS chair...

But thankfully, I'm only 21, none of my friends have reached the marrying stage yet, in fact, I think I will be one of the first. I don't pay attention to other couples really. I'm just drifting, trying to keep my head down till the distance is all over once and for all...

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Spring sucks here. Gross and grey and wet. Not exactly the most romantic thing.

I like seeing other happy couples. Gives me hope for my relationship.

Comment

The happy couples don't really bother me, as I'm happier in this relationship than I ever was in any prior relationship. But yeah, I'll admit the babies get to me. We have a long history, and my biological clock is ticking (I'm 32)...so that aspect gets to me. I wish we could just close the distance, get married and have a baby, but we cant rush things right now. We each already have a son so it's not like I'm totally missing out but the thought of having a baby with him just seems like it would be icing on the cake

Comment

I'm only 20, so not many of my friends are married. And since we don't have seasons...idk if this time of the year is any more special than the other times. Seeing couples together does make me miss my boyfriend a bit more, and I always end up texting him to tell him i wish he was here or i wish I was there. Then again, I spend a lot of time with my single friends, which makes him a bit uneasy sometimes, because of the way we behave, things we talk about, etc. Hmm..

Comment

Ugh I know this all too well, sooooo many of my friends and people I know are getting engaged, married and having kids. I'm just like, *Cry* 'IT's NOT FAIR!' lol
              I'm so jealous of them all but I'm also happy for them! Also it means I get to buy lots of gifts - I LOVE buying gifts

It makes me sad that I can't have any of that with my SO for another couple of years though...it hurts that we can't be 'normal' for a while...
              I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
              please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
              It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

im sure its gonna suck big time until August but we'll get through it

Comment

I hate spring but not as much as I hate summer. My allergies get all crazy and I get sun burns >.<
                  and I hate the goey stuff that coats your windshield. Winter and fall are my seasons!
                  And I'd probably opt for a winter wedding XD

Comment

It's really hard.

It hurts seeing so many couples going out, having fun, holding hands and kissing.

I know that I have a wonderful, beautiful girl waiting for me on the other side of the world, but I still get very lonely.

Comment

Sometimes I feel really jealous and I wish it could be me sending out wedding invitations or announcing a pregnancy.... But I always feel excited for my friends too, and try to focus on being selfless instead of selfish. I don't let it interfere with how I treat them.

In general I'm happy that so many other people can be happy this time of year, and I try not to let it get me down too much. I remind myself that my time is coming as soon as we can arrange it, so I really have nothing to be jealous about.
                      sigpic

Comment

For me, I think winter hurts more. All of the holidays and "togetherness" associated with winter, not to mention the cold that just makes me want to cuddle makes it harder. Spring is probably my busiest time of year and so I'm at least distracted from things that would normally make me sad. As for other couples, honestly I tend to loathe them sometimes. I feel like (and I know we've talked about this before) their problems tend to be petty to me, because as members of LDRs we have much larger scale issues sometimes. At the same I get really excited when my friends get engaged or married or are having children. I live vicariously through them a little bit. Plus I LOVE weddings and children, so the more weddings I go to and babies I get to play with the happier I am. Even if they aren't mine. I can wait for that. I'm still young.

Comment

When I was in that spot, it bothered me. Now we're married and together, and I feel guilty about that sometimes when I post here and see that I'm in the minority.
                          Now I am more bothered by families. We're a 808 miles from mine, and a little farther from his, which is good for my relationship with my parents and for us to get away from the every blossoming drama in his brother's life but other than that it sucks. So while you're bothered by the lovey-dovey stuff (understandably), I'm more bothered by not knowing when I will see my family and friends again, and if I will see my grandparents again before they pass away.

Comment

Don't really think the season will change things for me. I see couples everyday, no matter whether it's winter, spring or summer. Which of course sometimes is hard to watch.

Comment

Yep, its hard for me. I always think...when is it my turn in the sun?!

Comment

I completely agree with you. It's really hard for me too. Both of our birthdays are in Spring and I am reminded of the time when we could celebrate together.

They always say winter and the holidays are hardest, but this is hard too.. Hell, it's always hard!
                                Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Working...
                                X