New Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here...

I looked around a bit but did not see a new member introduction area so I'll say HI here.

Just the facts:

I'm 51
    he's 37 nearly 38

I am 13 years older than he is

We know each other IRL in fact that's how we met at a convention... we've known each other a couple of years but it's only recently that we started a relationship. We agreed in the beginning of November to try out a NSA FWB relationship...

AND it was bad I WAS married. Although my Husband KNEW I was seeing him and was "sort of " ok with it.... push came to shove and three weeks ago my husband moved out. It was the day my boyfriend declared his true feelings for me.... BF is not the cause of the breakup of my marriage... merely the catalyst towards ending something that needed to be ended anyway...

we have just gone full speed ahead since that day and are now in a committed relationship and discussing the potential of him moving to me....

I know many of you will HATE me my LDR is not all that LDR... we are two hours apart by car.

I saw him Sunday
    I will see him again this weekend.

I wonder sometimes if it would be easier to be a bit farther apart... we actually are close enough to do just dinner if need be... but being apart from him gets harder and harder...
    Critter
    --
    We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
    but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Hey welcome to the forum, ugh! U right being only two hrs apart is nothing! I'm like 8,000 miles n I found ur situation interesting I'm kinda the same ... Any ways feel free to message me or wat ever =)

Comment

There is an introduction section, you merely have to look for it since the main forum page can be a bit confusing to navigate. All the same, welcome to the forum.

I have a cousin whose wife recently passed, they were a good few years apart in age as well. When they began dating he was 19 and she was 35, but they were very much in love. Love happens, it has no age, race, gender, or expectation beyond receiving all it gives tenfold.

As for the distance part, I know even an hour's drive apart can be difficult. For about 6 years I was only an hour's drive on the interstate away from my best friend and I only saw her once every six months, if that. Distance is distance and with gas prices these days 2 hours can seem like you're driving cross-country.

Anyhow, again welcome to LFAD. Everyone here is very nice and very supportive no matter the circumstance or problem so don't worry about being judged for any out-of-the-box elements in your relationship.

Comment

First off, welcome! Second, even two hours can be hard. I was in that situation over the summer before leaving for South Carolina. Although I could drive to see him (and did twice), and we saw each other every weekend, I still cried at every goodbye. It hurts to know you won't be in his arms for a few days. No matter how close or far you are, it is still tough to be away from each other. Although I am super jealous that you can see him a bit more often, LadyMarchHare is right, we're here for support and everyone seems to be really good at that. So, don't worry! We're here for you as long as you're here for us. =)

Comment

welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome! Everyone here is really nice and supportive. If you ever have a question, don't hesitate to ask it. Distance is distance. No matter if it is 2 hours or 2 days. I wouldn't worry too much about people judging.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

THANKS everyone!
                Critter
                --
                We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
                but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome To the forums! As many previous posters have said, it doesn't matter how far you are apart, just the fact that you are, that makes you one of us. No one here is going to hate you for that.
                    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Welcome!! and definitely don't hate you for the only 2 hour drive. Just jealous, since my drive would be about 13hrs. I get to see more boyfriend about every six weeks and it kills me, but I have seen where others it's months. so, I absolutely agree with the others distance is distance.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! And usually when I'm back in college, I'm an hour train AND bus rides away from my SO. So no worries about! Traveling is a pain especially when you're at the mercy of public transit. :/ I know too well. I only get to see him once a week if I'm lucky. And age is not an issue at all - we have a pretty large age gap too. But age was the last thing on my mind when I first met him. Although it's been a pain because of the 21 drinking age in the USA... So I can't go out to many places. And like people have said, we're here for support, and not to judge.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! The people here are really friendly and are willing to help out any way we can. Each LDR is different, and every person on here has a unique situation they are in...whether they be 2 hours apart or across the world from each other! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X