Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update& Inquiries on closing the distance

Hey everyone!
    I have been crazy busy lately and it's nice to come back to the message boards and see some comforting messages This website is definitely helping me through the more dreary days.
    Anyhow... big news! I have been readmitted into my college! This is a huuuuge accomplishment, and I'm really excited. Finally get to turn over a new leaf and get started on my way to teaching.

And another HUGE bonus: Boyfriend is at the same school.
    Though I have to say.. I have been reading some of the 'closing the distance' posts and I am feeling a little apprehensive as well.
    We will NOT be living together any time soon, but we will be on the same campus, and we have talked about it a bit. Luckily he and I have a whole summer to talk things over and be close-distance again.... we have some catching up to do; some relationship quality time to attend to.

I want to help him understand that I am going back to the school for me, not solely for the relationship, because I want to follow my original plans. I love him a lot, but I do not want him to think that I am rearranging my life around US.. We are both young, and I have seen a great deal of college relationships among friends go south because of the relocation of one or the other person...I find it selfish and often it brings resentment. I'd just have to talk to my ex-roommate for a story on that.
    I am a very practical and realistic person, and I know he and I have talked about this before. But my questions are:

Has anyone else been in a similar situation/stage in their relationship? Be it school or career, how did you make closing the distance less intimidating? How did you talk about it?
    Do you ever feel like closing the distance might bring trouble?

Thanks - Take care
Working...
X