No time, no money, no visits.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No time, no money, no visits.......

As some of you know my SO and I are only able to visit each other once a year.

Well, next year we might not be able to see each other. At all.

We don't have any money left and my SO wants to go to her graduation at the end of 2012, so there also won't be any time for a visit.

I'm feeling so down because all of this.

We can barely handle 9 months until our next visit, but pretty much over 1 1/2 years now?

I really don't know.

Oh no...Im so sorry for you two :-( Is there no way to earn money?
    Maybe you two can try to join those sites with the competition with the pictures?

The world sucks....its all about money, and ONLY about money :-(

*HUGS* xx

Comment

Awwww no, that's not good news

Is either of you working? Couldn't you lend some money from your parents, siblings, anyone? Sell stuff you don't need and save in everything you can (for example don't drive as much if you can walk or use a bike etc).

It's been so hard for you 2 and now this. I really hope you can pull through even if the worst should happen and you couldn't visit. You seem so happy in your pictures, you belong together!

Stay strong ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

I'm already saving everything that I can, but the visits are just too expensive.

I would need 1.700 € for the flight and another 1.500 € for a place to stay since my SO's house doesn't have a spare room.

I'm also not working because school is keeping me busy as it is, so there's no money coming in until next year.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this! I hate how much the world revolves around money SO so much, I'm feeling really broke right now and can't find another job
          Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that, I really hope you'll be able to find away to see each other. I commend you for managing to wait 9 months, that must be tough.
            Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
              I'm already saving everything that I can, but the visits are just too expensive.

I would need 1.700 € for the flight and another 1.500 € for a place to stay since my SO's house doesn't have a spare room.

I'm also not working because school is keeping me busy as it is, so there's no money coming in until next year.
              Couldn't you and Rebecca both stay at her friend's or family's place if someone had some spare rooms available? That would cut off at least half of your expenses.
              Also couldn't you get a little loan from a bank that would allow you to start paying back once you've finished you're studies and are working? There must be SOME way to get that money from somewhere.

Comment

There's always treasure trooper and cash crate. It's damn near like a job

But seriously, maybe it's time to talk to her mum about the fact you are both mature adults and could stay in the same room. I know it's awkward because Obi and I had the same issue, but the reward is worth it. There's also sleeping on the floor if there's no bed. Don't be afraid to do something less than ideal.

I know the fare is still stupidly high to fly, but I believe there's always a way.
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I don't think that her mom has a problem with us sharing a bed, but it's way too small.

I also don't think that we could fit two mattresses in Rebecca's room either and I don't really want to sleep on the couch.

For obvious reasons.

Anyway... I'm not as depressed as before and actually know that we can make it work.

Comment

Of course you can girly!
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Agreed - you CAN do this, I know you can! And we're here to listen to all of it.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

You can get through it! We're all here for you two.

Comment

have you tried looking at things to get frequent flier miles too? I use e-rewards- they are connected with several airlines such as Delta, Continental and AA. They send me a survey to fill in every so often, and I get points for completing them, which can be converted to ff miles. I don't know if those airlines fly between NZ and Germany, but I'm sure other companies would do the same thing.

I am sorry though, international relationships are only made harder by transport issues and money. I pay 700 pounds Stirling each visit to my SO and England also pays that lovely tax on airfare now, so it adds yet MORE money on there... they don't make it easy...

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I had a job before I went to Germany in November but then I had to quit as I was gone for over 6 weeks.
                            And since I have been back, I haven't been able to find a part-time job to fit around my studies. Unfortunately. I have $320NZD in my bank account. I am going to apply for a weekly sum that you are allowed from StudyLink who supply the student loans, and save that..it will add to my loan..but I need money for when Natalie visits this year for us as well. All the jobs I look at are too many hours a week, that would compromise my study. Argh.

As for my house..well I don't think my family would appreciate an extended visit here. In our house.

I am going to (well when I have money), pay Natalie back for half the cost of the holiday house for her next visit as I will be staying there too.

Over summer I will be looking for a full time job as well..but thats not till december..but I am continually checking job sites.

I could earn enough over summer to go over to germany for a few months after I finish uni, and then come back before graduation so like 5-6 months, but she wants for us to close the distance..so therefore I can't go at that time probably if it's for good..as I want to go to graduation and I won't have enough money to move permanently.
                            And with loans, I already have a big student loan as it is. Hmm.

So hard. We can't even talk properly on Skype right now. It's just silence argh...why couldn't we have lived in my Dad's country (England) instead..would be so much closer. Hm.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Comment

you guys are such an inspiration you could come stay with me i have my own place (to bad im in the US haha) but seriously i hope you guys are able to find part time jobs that work with your schedules and what not. good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X